ATX Mainboard using an Mini-ITX Power-supplay

Hi,

I have an AMD K6/2 Mainboard and try to connect it to an Mini-ITX Power
Supply having 150W

When I start the Computer it powers up but turns off 3 sec after start.

Can someone tell me why? Or is it not possible to connect the ITX
Power-supplay to an normal ATX Mainboard.

Thanks

Steve

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:14:19 +0200, Steve-Kai Vyska <steve@vyska.de>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an AMD K6/2 Mainboard and try to connect it to an Mini-ITX Power
>Supply having 150W
>
>When I start the Computer it powers up but turns off 3 sec after start.
>
>Can someone tell me why? Or is it not possible to connect the ITX
>Power-supplay to an normal ATX Mainboard.
>
>Thanks
>
>Steve

It sounds like the problem isn't necessarily that it's a mini-ITX supply
but that, that particular power supply is insufficient capacity (or
failing) for the system attached. If you have multiple hard drives or
anything but a low-end video card in use you might try reducing the load,
unplugging drives or swapping in a low-powered video card.

> PSU overload protection maybe.

And this means what?

Steve

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:07:46 +0200, Steve-Kai Vyska wrote:

>> PSU overload protection maybe.
>
> And this means what?

When the power drain reaches a critical stage, the psu discconnects output
to keep from overloading the circuits in itself and blowing up some
components.

Hi

> When the power drain reaches a critical stage, the psu discconnects output
> to keep from overloading the circuits in itself and blowing up some
> components.

ah OK i see. But is it normally possible to use an Mini-ITX Power Supplay
with an K6/2 Mainboard?

Steve

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:02:46 +0200, Steve-Kai Vyska wrote:

> Hi
>
>> When the power drain reaches a critical stage, the psu discconnects output
>> to keep from overloading the circuits in itself and blowing up some
>> components.
>
> ah OK i see. But is it normally possible to use an Mini-ITX Power Supplay
> with an K6/2 Mainboard?

I have no clue. 150w sounds too small to me though.