pBlank

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2004
Hi. I was not sure where to post this problem, but as it happens in several pieces of software, I figured out it should be in a hardware forum.

Well then, I have a P3@1GHz and 512Mb SDRAM, QDI Advance 10T mobo, Audigy 2 sound card and a Hercules Prophet Radeon 9600 Pro VGA.

My problem is that I get no voiceovers in games. I hear the F/X, the background music, etc., but no voices in the cinematic sequences. The two games I have tried and seen this problem is No One Lives Forever 2 and Warcraft 3.

Does anyone have a clue about what it might be?

Tnx.

BTW, of course I've double-checked the sound options in the games themselves....

thetinman

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
Hey there,

What speakers (and how many) or headphones are you using?

In the speaker settings, how many speakers have you set there as being? (Creative's Speaker Settings' Control Panel)

If you are using headphones, 2/2.1 or 4/4.1 speaker setup, and you have selected a 5.1 or 6.1 speaker arrangement in the Speaker Settings control panel, the voice-overs may be directed to a non-existent centre speaker, hence the no voice-overs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, thetinman.

pBlank

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2004
Hi, tnx for your reply.

I am using two speakers and it is set like 2/2.1 speakers, I also thought of that, but to no avail. I have recently changed my OS to XP Pro (from 2K Pro) and still have similar problemas (some of the sound channels don't work, sometimes it's the voice, sometimes it is the background music).

metatrophia

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2004
its sounds like you have checked to make sure your sound card settings are consistent with your speaker setup.

1.) make sure your speakers are plugged into the correct ports on the card. (this can be tricky).
2.) make sure you have the appropriate XP drivers for your card. you should check at the <A HREF="http://www.soundblaster.com" target="_new">soundblaster site</A> for the correct drivers.

hope this helps!

Gigabyte 7VRXP mobo; AMD Athlon 1400+; 512 MB PC-133 memory; Radeon 8500 64 MB; Lite-on CD-RW 32x12x40; LG DVD-ROM; TB Santa Cruz; Videomate Gold+ TV Tuner; NEC FE700+ monitor