Question Audio Issues with NVIDIA Drivers in a Dual GPU Set Up with a RX7900 XTX and a RTX 4060TI

Sep 30, 2024
Hello! I'm new to the forum so please be patient if this post is in the wrong section or is missing information, I am glad to follow the forum etiquette, just let me know if there is any issue.

I recently upgraded my main desktop with an additional GPU (RTX 4060TI), since then I been having weird audio pops and random peripheral disconnects and inputs disappearing into thin air, I thought it had to be my installation since I also recently had upgraded to W11, so I decided to do a fresh W11 installation.

At the beginning it was working great, the audio was perfect and there were no issues with the MKB but while installing diverse drivers and basic utilities, the NVIDIA drivers got installed automatically and as soon as they installed I started having issues again, I unplugged the monitor that was connected to the RTX4060TI and using DDU I uninstalled the drivers and that fixed the issue, since then I've been trying to install the drivers in diverse ways including minimal install with the "no HD Audio module" option selected, but without fail as soon as I install the drivers everything starts falling apart.

Does anybody have any idea in how to go about fixing this issue?

Thank you for reading, I'll leave the PC component details below, and as for software it was a fresh install, so not much I think I could add there.

i7-13700k 5.5ghz (AIO cooled)
HYPERX FURY 64gbs 32000mhz DDR4
MSI Tomahawk Z790 WIFI DDR4
MSI RX 7900XTX
MSI RTX 4060TI 8gbVRAM
WDBLACK 850X NVMe m2 1tb
WDBLACK HDD 6tb
HYPERX FURY NVMe m2 1tb
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W Platinum