Question Audio Splitter wont work

Nov 30, 2022
Hi everyone
I have an issue with the microphone I have 3,5mm headphone and microphone was not working so I bought audio Sub-Zero AD33 still it doesn't work I can hear clicking sound on the microphone, but it won't record my voice it works perfectly in normal calls, WhatsApp calls, discord calls on the phone but microphone won't work on PC

Motherboard : B450 Tomahawk max.
Cpu : amd 2700x
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.8703.1 installed.
Microsoft settings active on microphone.

Ralston18

Titan
So it did work for sometime and has stopped working OR it has never worked?

Make and model 3.5 mm headphone/microphone?

Which audio ports are being used on the PC?

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also right click the small speaker icon normally located in the lower right screen corner. The click should reveal a menu with various audio choices.

Each choice, in turn, leading to any number of windows, tabs, and properties. Explore but do not immediately change anything. Simply make notes about what you find and anything that is unexpected or unknown.

Nov 30, 2022
So it did work for sometime and has stopped working OR it has never worked?

Make and model 3.5 mm headphone/microphone?

Which audio ports are being used on the PC?

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also right click the small speaker icon normally located in the lower right screen corner. The click should reveal a menu with various audio choices.

Each choice, in turn, leading to any number of windows, tabs, and properties. Explore but do not immediately change anything. Simply make notes about what you find and anything that is unexpected or unknown.

No it never worked , today I tried on my friend pc and it works so I know issue is on software based.

My headphone is this : amazon link

I just use 2 ports microphone and headphone jack with audio splitter , https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/support#driver

I got my drivers from msi website which what I use on board and I re-installed current version and tryed other and some old versions of it but nothing fixed yet.

My settings are
View: https://imgur.com/a/qarCgc5

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
I think that there is a problem with the TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) connections being used.

Mostly because the microphone has never worked and because I see two audio devices in the leftmost audio screen that are showing audio bars.

The microphone being the selected active audio device and the Stereo sound card showing audio as well. And the Sub-Zero AD33 adapter may be allowing some TRS mismatch (if that is indeed the case) to simply pass through. Or adding to the problem in some other way or manner.

The 3.5 mm plug shown in the second image (Amazon Link) of the headphone appears to be TRRS.

In other words the audio connections (Tip,Ring, Sleeve and Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) within your computer, headphones, cables, and adapter are even more likely to be mismatched.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Read the link carefully and map out the TRS/TRRS connections being used by your audio components and devices. Include all cables and adapters.

The mismatch(s) could be in plugs, jacks, and/or standards.

Reactions: dudio
Nov 30, 2022
I think that there is a problem with the TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) connections being used.

Mostly because the microphone has never worked and because I see two audio devices in the leftmost audio screen that are showing audio bars.

The microphone being the selected active audio device and the Stereo sound card showing audio as well. And the Sub-Zero AD33 adapter may be allowing some TRS mismatch (if that is indeed the case) to simply pass through. Or adding to the problem in some other way or manner.

The 3.5 mm plug shown in the second image (Amazon Link) of the headphone appears to be TRRS.

In other words the audio connections (Tip,Ring, Sleeve and Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) within your computer, headphones, cables, and adapter are even more likely to be mismatched.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Read the link carefully and map out the TRS/TRRS connections being used by your audio components and devices. Include all cables and adapters.

The mismatch(s) could be in plugs, jacks, and/or standards.

far as I understand I am using TRRS plug headphone which I have same trrs jack sony one too that one microphone is not working on pc.
And my splitter is TRRS/Stereo Mic which I plug them front panel. (I used back panel too) which microphone did not work.

so should I buy headset instead of headphone ?

or I can use my headphone with audio splitter attached to microphone socket and headset socket on computer.
working in both parts beacuse with other computer which my friends using it work.

Ralston18

Titan
Headphones = no included microphone and require a separate microphone for audio.

Headset = has an included microphone but may have two plugs. One plug for audio out and one plug for audio in. May or may not include some adapter to divide a single headset plug into two plugs. One for audio out and one for audio in.

For the most part you will need to rely on product information and testing via headphones/headsets borrowed from family and friends.

FYI:

https://static.roland.com/manuals/vrc-01/eng/25625620.html

Note in the diagram linked above that the onboard microphone is disabled when a headset is connected.

That may or may not be happening with the audio connections that you are trying to use.

You mentioned Sony - I do not know if a Sony product will work for sure or not.

Google "headphone headset jack wiring diagram" and limit the search to the last year or so.

Look for diagrams and pin outs. Pay attention to the standards.

Get a sense of how your headphones and microphone need to be connected. The diagrams should help.

Objective being to first determine why your audio connections (input and output) are not working as expected. The second objective being to determine the specific audio connections that will or will not work. An adapter may or may not be needed. And maybe not even a headset.

Details matter.