[SOLVED] Audio Stutter and random freezes in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Hi , srry if this is not the best thread . So when I play some games ,mostly Rainbow Six Siege the audio stutters , freezes and like a huge mouse lag(can barley move it) . At first it some small freezes but in the last 2 weeks the audio started to stutter on Rainbow Six Siege and even on Youtube (louder noises or when i open the tab and the video starts without loading the rest of the page) . The freeze its a pain in the *** because if it freeze's , everything stops even the audio on discord .
The stutter and freeze is almost like in this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-0q5B5dT4

My Specs:
CPU:Intel I5-2500K 3.30 GHz
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
RAM:8 GB

To keep in mind im playing on my native resolution which is 1280x1024
Can anybody help me please

EDIT:It seems the audio stutters even while im downloadling a game and watching youtube

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well thats a easy one sound drivers if it dont work try drivermax
Sorry I completely disagree.

Driver updaters have a notorious habit of updating drivers that don't need updating and installing the wrong drivers entirely. And I am quite commonly helping others rectify various problems that Driver Updaters can cause. You should always just go directly to the manufacturers website.

Are you saying the mouse and video stutters started occuring before the audio stutters?
Does it only occur on R6S?

Aug 28, 2019

Driver updaters have a notorious habit of updating drivers that don't need updating and installing the wrong drivers entirely. And I am quite commonly helping others rectify various problems that Driver Updaters can cause. You should always just go directly to the manufacturers website.

Are you saying the mouse and video stutters started occuring before the audio stutters?

Well lets put it to test go to sound options disable the speaker then try see if it frezzes .

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017

Does it only occur on R6S?
Yes the video and mouse stutters happend befroe the audio one .
No the audio stutters are on Youtube and other games as well but only on the bigger ones like War Thunder , R6 ,HOI4 etc. I have no problems on games like Rimworld , Stonehearth

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Tried it with a lot of updaters it didn't work but ur test sounds intresting but is gona be hard to test since the freezes happend quite randmoly and they are more rare than the audio stutters and mouse lags . I'll give it a try tommorow
Avoid any automatic updaters. In fact there's no guarantees they haven't installed conflicting drivers that could be causing it.

Per chance does it only happen on internet connected applications? I.e. internet, online multiplayer etc.

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Avoid any automatic updaters. In fact there's no guarantees they haven't installed conflicting drivers that could be causing it.

Per chance does it only happen on internet connected applications? I.e. internet, online multiplayer etc.
I dont know if it happens on internet connected applications only , ill try without internet to see if something happens . Could it be from the internet?

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Internet/LAN drivers are common causes of freezes.
But there are a multitude of different potential causes, driver conflicts, firmware, hardware etc. It's just a case of eliminating gradual causes.
I'll reinstall the game because i thought it will fix it disconect from my internet and try to see if its internet related

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Well if it occurs when you're NOT on the game, then it probably won't be the game at fault.
Also if it's on Steam, you only technically need to verify the integrity, not reinstall :)
Since R6 is an UPlay game you cant verify the integrity. Should i reinstall the game and try it since i know 100% things will happen there or should i try a random game that i have on my HDD?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Since R6 is an UPlay game you cant verify the integrity. Should i reinstall the game and try it since i know 100% things will happen there or should i try a random game that i have on my HDD?
You may as well try disabling sound as juan has stated, see if the issue persists.
Just if it happens outside of the game, I wouldn't bother doing anything with the game. Or does it only happen during that game?

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
You may as well try disabling sound as juan has stated, see if the issue persists.
Just if it happens outside of the game, I wouldn't bother doing anything with the game. Or does it only happen during that game?
only the freezes happend during the game . Should i stop the sound from the mixer thingy or compleatly remove the audio device . I opend task manager and i see the CPU goes from 17 , 20 normal to 100,99 CPU Usage .

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
only the freezes happend during the game . Should i stop the sound from the mixer thingy or compleatly remove the audio device . I opend task manager and i see the CPU goes from 17 , 20 normal to 100,99 CPU Usage .
Well just disabling it from the sound settings is more like a mute, not a disable of the driver.
Do you have latest drivers installed from your motherboards website?

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Well just disabling it from the sound settings is more like a mute, not a disable of the driver.
Do you have latest drivers installed from your motherboards website?
There's a problem there my Motherboard is from Germany , and on their website they dont have model CPU-Z tell's me
Motherboard is : ICP/iEi V0ZW

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
did u run it while gaming and having stutters?
Did another round while playing it this is what i got at Stats at Reported DPC's

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 34.648221
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 431.60 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.000293
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.000811

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 66.992399
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.000901
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.001350

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 116
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

Status
Not open for further replies.