I have some .avi files. Neither Windows Media Player or Realplayer will
play the video but they do play the audio. Is there a player that will work
with avi files you would recommend or are there downloads to make WMP player
work?

any help appreciated

thank you

thanks all...I downloaded from divx and it now works fantastico!

thanks again!

spenzdad wrote:

> I have some .avi files. Neither Windows Media Player or Realplayer will
> play the video but they do play the audio. Is there a player that will work
> with avi files you would recommend or are there downloads to make WMP player
> work?

You probably don't have the appropriate video codec.
Open the file with GSpot to see what you need.

-WD

sweet...what is Gspot?

thanks again!

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> spenzdad wrote:
>
> > I have some .avi files. Neither Windows Media Player or Realplayer will
> > play the video but they do play the audio. Is there a player that will
work
> > with avi files you would recommend or are there downloads to make WMP
player
> > work?
>
> You probably don't have the appropriate video codec.
> Open the file with GSpot to see what you need.
>

> -WD

Rich

"spenzdad" <spenzdad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have some .avi files. Neither Windows Media Player or Realplayer will
> play the video but they do play the audio. Is there a player that will
work
> with avi files you would recommend or are there downloads to make WMP
player
> work?
>
> any help appreciated
>
> thank you

Windows Media Player 9 will play AVI files, at least the ones created by my
camcorder.

Rich

Your probably missing the CODEC.

-Richard