Question Awful Pop-in issues in every game I play.

Apr 11, 2020
This issue started for me a few weeks ago. I noticed that I began to experience lots of pop-in with objects and shadows in the game world of almost every game I play. Well, every game.

I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this problem, from resetting my PC, updating drivers, virus scanning, and even buying an additional 8gb of ram, yet the issue remains.

I recorded two clips of this issue taking place, in GTA 5. If needed I can upload more clips from different games.

The first clip I have:

View: https://youtu.be/XUAQLi47kMg

In the video you can see the pop-in on the house, directly in front of my on the street as I drove towards it.

The moss growing on the side of the house will abruptly pop into view as I drive closer as well as the textures on the house will suddenly increase. By the time I reach it it looks fine but it really ruins my immersion watching things just appear like this in front of me. This also happens with the bushes on the landscaping outside the building, they appear suddenly as I approach. I can also see this on bins and other props on the side of the road.

The next clip is me driving towards a billboard.

View: https://youtu.be/ur8-u77w6YU

As I approach the billboard you'll see the metal walkway behind it go from low LOD to sharp up-close graphics extremely abruptly.

I believe this issue could be caused by faulty hardware as I had an accident where my PC got knocked over on it's side. Before this accident I do not recall experiencing this issue. I'm personally not handy enough to be able to immediately spot any issues, but a good friend of mine did look at it and said HE didn't see anything wrong. I'm mainly just looking for a new set of eyes on this issue. Like I said before, I've tried about everything I could think of on the software side of things, and I have had no luck.

My specs are as follows.

i5-8400 2.80ghz CPU
16gb DDR4 Ram
GTX 1050Ti

If anyone needs any additional info or could help out in any way it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd experiment with your quality/texture/detail settings in the game...; I'd find that to be a game-specific level of detail rendering meant to reduce load of rendering certain objects in detail that are too far away to be seen, and would not suspect an actual fault in the card for such a symptom....

Apr 11, 2020
I'd experiment with your quality/texture/detail settings in the game...; I'd find that to be a game-specific level of detail rendering meant to reduce load of rendering certain objects in detail that are too far away to be seen, and would not suspect an actual fault in the card for such a symptom....
I still experience the issues even on minimum settings, and It's something I didn't experience up until a few weeks ago. That's what's leading me to believe it's a hardware related issue.

TRENDING THREADS