[SOLVED] b450 BIOS update?

Jul 9, 2019
I have a question regarding BIOS updates for a B450 MSI Tomahawk mobo running a Ryzen 5 2600x chip.

I am currently running BIOS version 7C02v14 from December 2018. There are six versions since then, most (but not all) related to the new 3000 series chips.

Should I update? And if so to which version? I have updated BIOS successfully before but wanted to check if there were opinions here.

Solution
If you are not having a problem - don't fix what isn't broken.
Both myself, many others on here, and Manufacturers recommend updating the BIOS when you NEED to.

Ultimately it can go wrong, and a BIOS update doesn't necessarily give you anything if you haven't got a problem to begin with. For example if you need more compatibility (for CPU) etc. or you have various system problems, THEN a BIOS update is recommended.

If you don't have a problem, don't worry :)
as you have stated, most of the BIOS updates will likely be geared around 3rd gen Ryzen, so likely won't yield much different if you aren't on that platform.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you are not having a problem - don't fix what isn't broken.
Both myself, many others on here, and Manufacturers recommend updating the BIOS when you NEED to.

Ultimately it can go wrong, and a BIOS update doesn't necessarily give you anything if you haven't got a problem to begin with. For example if you need more compatibility (for CPU) etc. or you have various system problems, THEN a BIOS update is recommended.

If you don't have a problem, don't worry :)
as you have stated, most of the BIOS updates will likely be geared around 3rd gen Ryzen, so likely won't yield much different if you aren't on that platform.

Solution