Jul 3, 2019
I am looking to get a new mobo for the upcoming ryzen 3600. was wondering what would be better

MSI B450 Tomahawk or Asus Prime X370-pro

Are there any particular features that are better on one board compared to the other?
Also any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Solution
I am looking to get a new mobo for the upcoming ryzen 3600. was wondering what would be better

Are there any particular features that are better on one board compared to the other?

Thanks

Both should work after a bios update.

The issue is if you choose Asus X370 Prime you must have a CPU of first Zen 1000 or A series to be able to upgrade the BIOS. But on the MSI B450 Tomahawk the motherboard got BIOS flash back feature which enables you to upgrade the bios without requiring to install CPU.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK/Overview

You can read about bios flash back feature.
Feb 8, 2019
are the x370 chipsets upgrade-able to Ryzen 3000? if it does.. you are fine with it, as long as it has more feature than the B450s and the price is worth it.. you can observe what are u needs on their official websites, oftenly the X series chipsets are rich of features and more reliable

hussainali88

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Thanks

Both should work after a bios update.

The issue is if you choose Asus X370 Prime you must have a CPU of first Zen 1000 or A series to be able to upgrade the BIOS. But on the MSI B450 Tomahawk the motherboard got BIOS flash back feature which enables you to upgrade the bios without requiring to install CPU.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK/Overview

You can read about bios flash back feature.

Solution