Question B450M PRO VDH is not booting after updating BIOS for a 2200G CPU ?

Apr 24, 2023
After confirming with MSI support that my CPU 2200G would still be compatible after the update, I updated my BIOS from M.60 (7A38vM6) which is a 4yr old one to the latest one MH0 (7A38vMH).
What I did:
  1. Downloaded and installed all latest drivers.
  2. Downloaded BIOS from MSI
  3. Formatted pen drive (FAT32)
  4. Extracted the BIOS file
  5. Put it in the root
  6. Restarted to BIOS
  7. Clicked M Flash
  8. System rebooted to flash

It's the only pen drive connected. After confirming the file, flashing started. It took about 6 minutes to reach 100%. Rebooted on it's own. No beep, no display, I waited for a good amount of time. Looked through the side glass panel and I see EZ debug led pointing at CPU.

Tried removing CMOS multiple times. Didn't work.
Removed memory sticks, now I see led on both CPU and RAM and also hear beep sound. Again not working. No boot, no display.
Removed CPU and put it back, didn't work.

I was as careful as I can be and read/watched BIOS flashing instruction before flashing. Now I don't know what else I can do fix this. Don't know what went wrong, is it the motherboard, or the CPU or both. Biggest fear now is how much it's gonna cost me and how long it's gonna take.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Other components:
Corsair vengeance 2400mhz DDR4
CM MWE 450 v2
EVO 850 120GB

Apr 24, 2023
Was the PC unplugged when you cleared the CMOS?
Did you try booting with only 1 stick of RAM in the 2nd DIMM slot?
Did you try booting with no drives connected?
Yes, every time. Even press power on button after unplugging to drain current from capacitors.
1 stick, 2 sticks, no sticks tried all these combination.
Yes, multiple drives, 1 drive, no drive.

Contacted MSI, I was asked send the board. It will take two weeks to get it back. It's a long time to be with no working computer.

Yes, every time. Even press power on button after unplugging to drain current from capacitors.
1 stick, 2 sticks, no sticks tried all these combination.
Yes, multiple drives, 1 drive, no drive.

Contacted MSI, I was asked send the board. It will take two weeks to get it back. It's a long time to be with no working computer.
If the motherboard is going to be replaced in any case, you could try flashing the BIOS back to a previous version to see if that helps.

Apr 24, 2023
If the motherboard is going to be replaced in any case, you could try flashing the BIOS back to a previous version to see if that helps.
I do need tools like BIOS programmer, right. I don't have that. And it's out of warranty, so MSI will bill me. I guess they're going to flash BIOS to get it working. I asked if they will provide a standby motherboard while I wait for mine, they said no. I don't know if I should send and wait or try local shop.

Apr 24, 2023
Got it fixed at a local shop. Thanks guys.

Don't know how to mark it solved. Should I edit the title and add [Solved]?