[SOLVED] B550 Tomahawk vs B550 Aorus Pro

Jun 28, 2020
Hello,

Which of this moteherboards would be a better choice is they are for the same price.
As I can see, tomahawk has front usb-c - which I dont care about.
Aorus Pro has more USB ports.

VRM and temperatures are preety similiar as tests shows.

Is there something I should know about when buying any of this MOBOs?

How common are updates for Gigabyte Motherboards and how good is BIOS on them? Are they a safe buy?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Both are excellent and actually very similar with great VRM's. The edge goes to MSI as it has is the internal USB C connector and on the VRM's the Gigabyte board is just a bit better than the MSI. As to the Gigabyte BIOS, I have never had an issue and have been running Gigabyte boards for at least 2 generations.

Overall the MSI just edges it due to the USB C internal header but the Gigabyte looks a bit better to me but you really can't go wrong on either choice.
Both are excellent and actually very similar with great VRM's. The edge goes to MSI as it has is the internal USB C connector and on the VRM's the Gigabyte board is just a bit better than the MSI. As to the Gigabyte BIOS, I have never had an issue and have been running Gigabyte boards for at least 2 generations.

Overall the MSI just edges it due to the USB C internal header but the Gigabyte looks a bit better to me but you really can't go wrong on either choice.

Solution