[SOLVED] B550i Aorus setting SoC Voltage too high with XMP

nuttedman

Reputable
Dec 11, 2017
Cpu: 5800X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb 3600 CL16
MOBO: Aorus B550i

When I try enable XMP, the auto SoC voltage reaches 1.194-1.2V. I have heard that this is way higher than necessary and that I should manually adjust the voltage myself in BIOS. I don't intend to overclock further than the XMP profile so I don't care about further tightening timings etc. What voltage would be recommended to be tested for the XMP profile (currently on 1.062/1.050V in Windows and seems stable enough) and do I just use TestMem 5 extreme profile to go about testing stability? TIA.

Solution

When I try enable XMP, the auto SoC voltage reaches 1.194-1.2V. I have heard that this is way higher than necessary and that I should manually adjust the voltage myself in BIOS. I don't intend to overclock further than the XMP profile so I don't care about further tightening timings etc. What voltage would be recommended to be tested for the XMP profile (currently on 1.062/1.050V in Windows and seems stable enough) and do I just use TestMem 5 extreme profile to go about testing stability? TIA.
A ram tester that many folks use is memtest86.
Might want to give that a test drive.

A ram tester that many folks use is memtest86.
Might want to give that a test drive.

Solution