[SOLVED] Backlight Keyboard for HP ProBook 450 G6

Sep 15, 2019
When I was choosing between HP Probook(able to install 2 hard drives) and Elitebook(has lid keyboard), I've ended up with the former. Now I feel a bit of pain when typing in darkness.
As far as I know, old models like g1-g4 could be upgraded with a replacement backlight keyboard, but with this new model, I just can't find anything in the stores.
Any ideas?

Solution
HP provides the service manuals for every model I've ever dealt with on their support page for said model.

If your machine was available with backlit keyboard as an option, it will almost certainly be covered in the service manual in terms of replacing it. Most machines that had it as an option, but don't actually have one, are fully capable of having a backlit keyboard installed as an upgrade. The only difference between backlit and non-backlit is another small ribbon cable that handles the backlighting.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
HP provides the service manuals for every model I've ever dealt with on their support page for said model.

If your machine was available with backlit keyboard as an option, it will almost certainly be covered in the service manual in terms of replacing it. Most machines that had it as an option, but don't actually have one, are fully capable of having a backlit keyboard installed as an upgrade. The only difference between backlit and non-backlit is another small ribbon cable that handles the backlighting.

Solution