Question Bad screen tearing! RTX 2080 i9

kodydoty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I have screen tearing in EVERYTHING full screen, youtube, netflix, literally everything. I get screen tearing in every game except rust i have no clue why. I have tried turning V-Sync on, off , adaptive, adaptive half, and fast. Everything is the same. I dont know if i have some setting somewhere thats messed up. Im beginning to feel as if my GFX card is damaged or something.
Im running Win10 with an RTX 2080, an i9-9900k, 24G memory, I should not have this problem.

kodydoty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
is 2080 replacing an old gpu? If so, try using DDC to uninstall old gpu driver and clean install new one.
I did a MOBO, CPU, and GPU upgrade to my machine so i wiped OS and installed a new windows completely.
I have updated all of the drivers and i usually only do full driver updates instead of express.

I did a MOBO, CPU, and GPU upgrade to my machine so i wiped OS and installed a new windows completely.
I have updated all of the drivers and i usually only do full driver updates instead of express.
Please give a complete list of your system's components like the following:

CPU:
GPU:
PSU:
MOBO:
RAM:
SSD:
HDD:

And make sure to specify what their base clock speeds are and if they are overclocked in any way.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What monitor is it? Gsync / Freesync?

Nvidia put in low latency mode in their drivers lately. Its in the manage 3d settings list about half way. Try it on(ultra) and off.

If your screen has either sync types make sure it's working properly.

kodydoty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
CPU: i9-9900k 3.6Ghz Turbo 5Ghz 8 Core
GPU: Geforce RTX 2080
PSU: 1000W Rosewill
MOBO: MSI MEG Z390 ACE
RAM: 24GB DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD: 1x 500GB Samsung M.2 1x 500GB SATA Samsung 1x 500G SATA Intel
HDD: None

No overclocking.
Thank you.