Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Coming to iPad Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]D&D-based RPG for Apple fanboys? Nah. It's "too complex". Like Windows.[/citation]
Except the originals came out on Mac. Your joke fails.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Except the originals came out on Mac. Your joke fails.[/citation]
Was actually thinkin the same thing. One of Bioware's first games too if I remember correctly. I played it on my old Mac OS 8 machine--great game.

Pretty sure it has gotten to the point where people make anti-Apple comments on news that has anything to do with Apple for the sheer purpose of getting the most thumbs-up. Kind of sad really.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Please come to android. It can already be run via the GemRB emulator, but i never did have the patience to get that working. and i would GLADLY pay to play this on my lunch break...

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I'm normally an Android fan, but this would be a compellnig reason to get the new iPad. Guess I'll have both systems, at least until Android or Ubuntu or whatever dominates. I can't see a company controlling hardware and software stay on top forever.

G

Dude, EA does not even own Baldur's Gate license. Nor is Bioware.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Told you Bioware (EA's Bitch) would bastardize it. I beat it only has 1-3 characters at a time too instead of six and no D&D rules anymore.[/citation]
Yeah it'll suck if Bioware bastardizes a game they already made 15 years ago that is being "enhanced" by a company that isn't Bioware and has nothing to do with EA. Try reading the first sentence of the article and getting a tutor for basic reading comprehension.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Maybe so. I could not find any info that confirms or disproves this. You might be right, but my joke doesn't fail since virtually every Apple customer deems everything that doesn't involve pressing more than 3 buttons as "too complex".

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
All the hate!!

Seriously though, this is great news for the consumers. If this enhanced edition sells very well, who knows what will be next? Maybe we will see Bioware make more games to continue on with the saga.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
So far this is the 1st reason I've came across to buy an iPad. If they Apple it down for idiots I'll be wicked fustrated!! The whole point of that game was the complexity. I would imagine it'll run just fine. I wonder however how big the game will be if it'll be on a tablet. Is this a proof of concept or an actual plan to release it?

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Last time I played Baldur's Gate Bioware's name was there.[/citation]
Interplay was the publisher, and probably the holder of any property rights for the game, which would have went to Infogrames, and then Vivendi, before winding up at Activision. Assuming someone wasn't able to ply the rights away somewhere in the process.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Never played the original game but I might play this one. Hearing that this game was the foundation of something like Dragon Age: Origins is enough to try it out. I just love a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.