[SOLVED] Battery Percentage and Approximate Time Remaining Difficulty

Sep 9, 2021
Hello,
This is a pretty dumb question, but I was wondering if there is a different way to calibrate a laptop battery. Right now, I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 Laptop, and my issue is that my battery will, for example, read 96% with ~5 hours remaining, but 5-10 minutes later, it'll change to 90% with only ~2 hours remaining despite me not doing any different tasks than before. I know the common method of draining it to 0% and then charging it to 100%, but I still have this issue. If it's a hardware issue, then I apologize, but I thought I should ask before buying a new battery.
Thanks

Solution
remaining time depends on power draw and battery capacity
if your battery has 50Wh and you draw 50watts, it will run for 1hour, at 25watts it wil run for 2 hours
with your battery remaining 5hours sounds like nonsence...10watts is too low when you working on it...idle sounds right (when you doing nothing)
well blame microsoft :)
remaining time depends on power draw and battery capacity
if your battery has 50Wh and you draw 50watts, it will run for 1hour, at 25watts it wil run for 2 hours
with your battery remaining 5hours sounds like nonsence...10watts is too low when you working on it...idle sounds right (when you doing nothing)
well blame microsoft :)

Solution