Question Beats EP - Microphone not working on Windows 10 PC

Oct 20, 2020
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question but i'm miserable at the moment.

I have Beats EP Headphones and they work fine, the mic works fine on Mac Laptop on iPhone and on the USB Sound Card.
It has 4-pin TRRS connector and i bought the Y Splitter for audio female 3.5 to 2 male 3.5 mic and audio.
The audio on splitter works fine since i need it due to the case having 3-pin TRS connection and standalone mic jack.

Now, i can get the mic audio from the splitter using PS4 headphones that come with sony and the mic works fine, but on Beats EP when i listen to device there is only a buzzing noise from mic, audio is fine.

I have no idea why is this happening but it's really odd. My connection with USB Sound Card can get Mic Sound on Beats EP on windows PC.
But when i use them with PC case not. Also i tried using the back panel of the jack and that is not working.
I even used PS4 Headphones to test MIC and see if there is maybe issue with the jack on PC but the work just fine.

Is anyone capable of explaining to me what the heck is going on here. I'm confused...

(you might also get confused with me explaining this situation but i did my best here, please hear me out <3).

Thank you all.

Oct 20, 2020
It's very confusing. Let me get this straight. You're plugging your headphones into your computer, but it is not working. Right?

Possible solutions:
1. Plug the headphones in and restart your computer. When it boots up again, see if it works.

2. Go into settings and try changing the audio settings.

3. If you have a microphone, plug the headphones into the mic, not the computer.

Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

So to put this in a simple way. Any headphone with 3.5 mm jack that is TRRS 4pin is working, but Beats EP is not working when i plug it into PC. Beats EP works on different soundcard (USB card) but on motherboards realtek.

Jun 7, 2021
im using beats studio 1.0 on my newly built windows 10 desktop pc

1. wired to my pc green jack , only audio came out and no mic (ofcos since pink jack not connected)
  2. i bought an audio splitter from the beats dual to green and pink jack, only audio came out and mic still not working
  3. then i notice ppl saying beats using CTIA standard (similar to apple) , so i bought a CTIA>OMTP converter, the connection was Beats>convert>splitter>pc, still audio came out but mic still not working
has tried everything i could, but any known solution?