Status
Not open for further replies.

warpingBean

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
What is the thing that beeps when the computer starts up?
I believe I have the component for it but it but I am not sure where to plug it in.

Solution
In general the beep is the POST indicator, 1 beep generally means OK unless it is extended anymore than that usually indicates an issue, similar to Morse code it is rather specific and tends to be relative to the mobo/issue.

The component (presumably a mini speaker) will plug in on the bottom right of your mobo this exact spot is not a definitive standard but will be shown on your mobo user guide or will be aptly labeled on the mobo (given that it supports the component).

Thanks
Sig

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
In general the beep is the POST indicator, 1 beep generally means OK unless it is extended anymore than that usually indicates an issue, similar to Morse code it is rather specific and tends to be relative to the mobo/issue.

The component (presumably a mini speaker) will plug in on the bottom right of your mobo this exact spot is not a definitive standard but will be shown on your mobo user guide or will be aptly labeled on the mobo (given that it supports the component).

Thanks
Sig

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.