Kevin_122

Reputable
Apr 7, 2016
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum, but i have a benQ MH740 projector with a problem.
When i first power it on, it will display the input that it gets from the PC but after about 3-5 minutes, it seems to overheat but the fans work normally.
All the lights Power, Lamp and Temp go red and fans start spinning at a 100%.

I think that there might be some sensor playing tricks but has someone encoutered such problem?
I have tried to clean it from dust with compressed air.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Lutfij

Titan
I've looked through the www and found that the projector is quite a dated piece of hardware. Often times when a projector shuts off in spite of being fed power it can happen due to overheating or that the parts inside the projector need replacement.

In this case, I'm thinking that you will need to replace the bulb for the projector.

Reactions: Kevin_122

Kevin_122

Reputable
Apr 7, 2016
I would mark this as best answer, but i'm not able to.
The trophy is missing from the menu.
Thanks though!

I've looked through the www and found that the projector is quite a dated piece of hardware. Often times when a projector shuts off in spite of being fed power it can happen due to overheating or that the parts inside the projector need replacement.

In this case, I'm thinking that you will need to replace the bulb for the projector.