Best antivirus poll

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vote for your best antivirus!!!!!!!!!

• avg

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • avast

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • avira

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • kaspersky

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • norton

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • mcafee

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • nod32

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • trend micro

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • webroot

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • other....tell us about it and why!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dpowell

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
ESET Nod32 has consistently been the best. Results from ICSA Labs, VB100, AV Comparative Labs, and other Independent 3rd party Antivirus testing companies vary a bit from year to year, but Nod32 is definitely a front runner. I use it everyday in my Computer Repair shop and my customers that have switched to Nod32 have a SIGNIFICANTLY lower reinfection rate than those who use other major brands. Laboratory tests are one thing, but what I see in real life with first hand experience is what I bank on. Also, a perfect compliment to Nod32 for active antispyware protection is SUPERAntiSpyware Pro. Both offer free trials to get your started, which can easily be converted to the full paid version without reinstalling, they just need the codes to be entered.

30 day Free Trial: http://spywarepreventionguy.com/nod32
15 Day Free Trial: http://spywarepreventionguy.com/superantispyware

justy36

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

In the past 4-5 years I used norton which was good but spendy. I switched to bitdefender. Seems to be good plus it also has game mode which norton does not. And a yearly prescription is about half the price of norton.

Bit defender is what i use and have never gone back, is incredibly light weight as well as hourly updates, i have pretty much used or played with most other anti virus but none compared to bit defender :)

is very cheap too compared to most plus you get 3 pc's protected for a year :D

jenne01

Honorable
May 28, 2012
According to my experience, the best antivirus software is Immunet. It has all the features to protect from any sort of virus attack.

geekintel

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I use AVG
Super AntiSpaware
Malware bytes
search & destroy

Call me over protected. Only AVG is running in realtime, the rest are manually scanned when I want.

And I'm sure that with all that, you still have virus and malware.

jackattack223

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I voted Kaspersky because it has several features, such as how many Kaspersky users have used the application before, and if it is a trusted rating. The only downside is the slow scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.