Best bang for buck laptop for work

tuvsh

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Hey all!

A friend of mine asked me to help find a laptop for her. I have been out of the loop for a couple years now and the stuff I know are outdated, if you can please look at the specs she would like to have a recommend a laptop it would be a huge help. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post!

I like to do a lot of work simultaneously- keeping many tabs and apps open without slowing me down would be important.
I want to be able to upload, edit and send pics/vids from my camera. I would also need the storage space on the computer for them
I would like to be able to surf the internet- I don’t really watch videos/movies or play games or anything that takes a lot of memory but if someone does send me a video via email, I want to be able to download and watch it with ease. I also plan to use internet for recipe searches, general google searches, online shopping, and email.
I would like to use apps like iTunes, Outlook and Microsoft Office
Would ideally love something with a backlit keyboard and as lightweight as possible (I am even open to a 2 in 1 or tablet-turned-laptop if all the above criteria are met). Long battery life is also important. And an ergonomic keyboard that is easy to type with
I don’t care much for or need touchscreen. I am not so familiar with Apple and prefer Microsoft but can eventually get the hang of anything with time.
Price range is preferred somewhere between $500 - $1000, but can go up...

Thank you again and have a great day!
All the best!

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If looking for a 2 in 1 touch laptop, then definitely go for the MS Surface Pro 6 with type cover and the microsoft surface pro pen. It suits your needs best.

It is extremely light, powerful and claims up to 13.5 hours of battery life which is like 3 times the traditional 15.6 inch laptops.

Last edited: