autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
What is the Best budget z690 motherboard that can do good overclock and stable and have ports and budget friendly

Talking about atx only if ddr5 can be excluded it would be nice cause I only care about ddr4

Ddr5 is a big scam to price 10-20fps difference for a 300$+ which can be added to get a good gpu

Anyway what's the best budget z690 motherboard thank you

Solution
What is the Best budget z690 motherboard that can do good overclock and stable and have ports and budget friendly

Talking about atx only if ddr5 can be excluded it would be nice cause I only care about ddr4

Ddr5 is a big scam to price 10-20fps difference for a 300$+ which can be added to get a good gpu

That's right, DDR5 is pretty much a rip off, much like most of the new tech, early adopters pay the price. But that doesn't mean you have to...
I built a few rigs using Asrock Z690 Pro RS which is under 200$ and pretty happy with the board. Also did some overclocking and it worked well, VRMs were not too hot, handled well.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
that can do good overclock and stable and have ports and budget friendly

You can have good OC, stable MoBo with plenty of ports, but without it being cheap. Since you can't have good and cheap MoBo at the same time. If you want to have both, you need to buy the good MoBo and the cheap MoBo.

As of which one to go for,
further reading: https://tech4gamers.com/best-z690-motherboards/

Btw, Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Master is also Tom's Hardware best choice in regards of Z690 chipset MoBos,
article: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboards,3984.html

That's right, DDR5 is pretty much a rip off, much like most of the new tech, early adopters pay the price. But that doesn't mean you have to...
I built a few rigs using Asrock Z690 Pro RS which is under 200$ and pretty happy with the board. Also did some overclocking and it worked well, VRMs were not too hot, handled well.

Reactions: autoblogart
Solution

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
It got everything you need ? I mean ports and stable oc and no heat up no crashes ?

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
You can have good OC, stable MoBo with plenty of ports, but without it being cheap. Since you can't have good and cheap MoBo at the same time. If you want to have both, you need to buy the good MoBo and the cheap MoBo.

As of which one to go for,
further reading: https://tech4gamers.com/best-z690-motherboards/

Btw, Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Master is also Tom's Hardware best choice in regards of Z690 chipset MoBos,
article: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboards,3984.html
I have checked the links you did mention but they are all ddr5 will mobos are ddr5 I only look for ddr4 z690 priced at 250$ max that gives everything and stable and no bugs and no bad heating and good amount of ports ...

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
At 250 max for full ATX DDR 4, your choices may be limited.

If you can accept Micro ATX, you will have more choices and save quite a bit of money.

Would you use all of the slots available in a full ATX? Most people don't.
I will not but just for flexibility you know

Micro atx are slow compared to atx am I right ?

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020

I think the best board you are gonna find for under 250 usd Is the gigabyte z690 ud ddr4. Unless you wanna go slightly over budget and get the asus prime.

Z690, overclocking and budget don't really go well together but it would depend on what you mean by budget. However the MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 is on sale where I live, that's not a bad choice. If it was me buying I'd be looking at the Gigabyte Gaming X, it's one of the cheaper Z690's but still pretty solid in features and quality.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Which one would you pick ?

Which one i'd pick, is based on my knowledge of MoBos, brand history and personal preference (e.g MoBo features, aesthetics).

For myself, #1 brand is MSI, since i already have several MSI MoBos and GPUs in use. Heck, even my monitor is MSI. Though, if in this price bracket there isn't a MSI MoBo that i'd like, #2 choice would be Asus.

Out of the previously linked, with up to $250 and DDR4 RAM slots, i'd go with: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4,
specs: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z690-A-DDR4/Specification

It doesn't have on-board wi-fi, since i don't need it. I have cable connection. So, no point for me to pay extra for a feature that i don't use. Also, it doesn't have on-board RGB LEDs, which i don't mind. It also has 4x M.2 slots, giving me plenty of expandability to use only M.2 NVMe SSDs in my build. And it's all black aesthetics can combine with any color build, except all white.

Now, like i said, this choice is based on my preferences, which may not align or even match yours.

Regarding other choices in that price bracket, including Asus, many MoBos have white heatsinks on a black base. And to me, i don't care how good MoBo could be, i just don't like that kind of color combination at all. So, all those white heatsink MoBos are instantly removed from my choice.

So, to pick a MoBo from that small selection, read MoBo specs to learn what features they have and filter the selection down, based on the features you need. Then, when you have 2-3 MoBos left, look up the reviews (if there are any) and move on from there.

I have checked a YouTube video comparing fps in different mobos same specs and there was fps difference reaching to 20 fps xd

Care to link that video for us to see as well?