best computer brand

Solution
Depends on the type of office work. If it's for Microsoft Office programs and web browsing then any PC will do and your choice or brand really doesn't matter. If it's for a CAD workstation then you'd need something different. A Lenovo would be just as useful as a $2500 IBUYPOWER for Microsoft Excel.

Macs are far better than any Windows/linux prebuilt i've ever seen.
Of course custom built pcs are the best thing there is but when it comes to prebuilts, Apple is the obvious choice.

Best designed, maybe. Best built, certainly. When you control EVERYTHING in the design and manufacture of your unit, both hardware and software, then you have the advantage of limiting it to only components you want to interact with. Most flexible, not hardly, as they are not designed to be flexible.

So, I guess it all depends on what your definition of "Best" is.

jr9

Estimable
Depends on the type of office work. If it's for Microsoft Office programs and web browsing then any PC will do and your choice or brand really doesn't matter. If it's for a CAD workstation then you'd need something different. A Lenovo would be just as useful as a $2500 IBUYPOWER for Microsoft Excel.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

And using the same drives, CPU, graphics...

Apple vs Windows is more a decision of what ecosystem you want to buy into.

Software specifically built for the hardware, best operating system there is (yes, I know it's an opinion), great battery life, no forced updates, iWork for free, GarageBand and iMovie for free, best trackpads ever put on a laptop (force touch), best speakers on any laptop and many more reasons.

As someone who uses both my custom built windows pc and a mbp daily I can say i'd much rather be using macOS than Windows.

adobomovie

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

thanks for your suggestion

adobomovie

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

thanks for your suggestion