Best Duron Motherboard?

G

What is the best motherboard for a Duron 750, I plan on overclocking... base your decisions on easiest to overclock and performance, chipset... blah blah blah... thanks

G

Unless u need integrated video, just go with a normal KT133 or KT133A mobo, they're all compatible with Duron's.

G

yea but which is the best? i have been referred to an epox but was then told to go with asus...?

lisabob2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Read some reviews on the net, Tom's hardware has some, anandtech too.
There is a website called socketa.com that reviews and comparers motherboards.
Epox is good, so is asus, abit, and microstar.
I have the microstar k7tpro2-a and it is great.
I have built computers using fic az-11 and the asus board.
Both worked fine the asus board is better though.
Anyway read the reviews and pick one which meets your needs, and budget.
Bob

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Abit mobo's are good. All overclocking is done in the BIOS (no jumpers or switches).

I'm talking about the KT7 family of motherboard including KT7 and KT7A, both have RAID versions, and the KT7E, as well.

G

Thanks guys I'll check out socketa.com and when I get it up and running, how do I get to the bios settings on my computer? Do I have to press something at startup or something?

G

I'v heard that to access your bios u need to press ctrl alt esc at startup or something? cmon guys please help!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>I'v heard that to access your bios u need to press ctrl alt esc at startup or something?</b>
For most motherboards, you can press <b>DELETE</b> key when it <b>POST</b> to access <b>BIOS</b>.