Brenda813

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Hey Guys! I would like to get your help and expertise on what is the best laptop for graphics work.

PROBLEM: I'm thinking the issue may be graphics card related. As in, my graphics card is not equipped to handle the heavy workload of programs like Adobe CC 2020 and is getting overworked. Could this be a reason for latency in Adobe when I'm trying to use tools, or even saving? I had a ton of tabs open the other day, while I was doing a lot of photo correction and cleanup and Photoshop 2020 kept freezing on me, forcing a hard shutdown and loss of work. I ended up having to open only a few photos at a time and even then it lagged a little. I also play Red Dead Redemption and the fan runs constantly when I play and the computer gets hot. Could all this be graphics card related, or can anyone think of another possible reason for all this?

That said, if I do end up having to look at a new computer, can anyone help guide me toward the proper specs for graphics and web work....and a little on the side gaming :) ....without overworking the computer? Price is not too much of an issue. Graphics is what I do for a living, so I can't cheap out on this.

I'm a graphic and web designer, so I VERY heavily use Adobe CC 2020 - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.

I like MSI (Currently have the Apache Pro) and ASUS, but I'm not limiting myself to those brands.

Non-negotiable
  • It needs to be a PC
  • It needs to be a laptop
  • I need a 17" Screen
  • 2 Hard Drives - One to host Windows 10 and Apps and one for storage/scratch disks.
Questions:
  • AMD or Intel?
  • How much ram?
My Current Specs:
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • RAM: 24GB
  • 1TB Local Drive
  • 1TB SATA Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

TRENDING THREADS