Question Best memory for ryzen 3400G

GibonCZ

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Hello !
I'm buying some 8gb RAM for my new ryzen 5 ( 3400G) ,
what speed should I buy ? I'm kind of lost as on the specs it says max memory speed is 2933 Mhz, now I found some single 8gb stick on amazon, one is 2400 and the other one is 3000 Mhz. Will the 3k one work and give me higher ram speeds or it wont be compatible ?

I highly recommend you run 2 sticks of RAM for the 3400g to run in dual channel. Only running one stick of RAM will run in single channel and will have an impact on performance.

Definitely go for the 3000mhz or higher RAM. The 3400g will support 2933mhz out of the box without overclocking. If you get 3200mhz, you would have to overclock the RAM to get 3200mhz. If you go with 2400mhz, it will only run at 2400mhz.

So go for the 3000mhz RAM in a 2x4gb kit.

Reactions: GibonCZ

GibonCZ

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I highly recommend you run 2 sticks of RAM for the 3400g to run in dual channel. Only running one stick of RAM will run in single channel and will have an impact on performance.

Definitely go for the 3000mhz or higher RAM. The 3400g will support 2933mhz out of the box without overclocking. If you get 3200mhz, you would have to overclock the RAM to get 3200mhz. If you go with 2400mhz, it will only run at 2400mhz.

So go for the 3000mhz RAM in a 2x4gb kit.
Thank You !

Sep 7, 2019
Hello !
I'm buying some 8gb RAM for my new ryzen 5 ( 3400G) ,
what speed should I buy ? I'm kind of lost as on the specs it says max memory speed is 2933 Mhz, now I found some single 8gb stick on amazon, one is 2400 and the other one is 3000 Mhz. Will the 3k one work and give me higher ram speeds or it wont be compatible ?

Hey,
I ran in to a compatibility issue with my motherboard paired with the same processor as you. I first purchased corsair vengeance Pro.... It would only work at 2733mhz. I managed to return this and purchased some trident z neo.... Exact same thing 2733mhz.... I then checked the compatibility list of the motherboard and I was then lucky enough to swap the trident z with a mates ripjaw v's.... These were on the compatibility list and they are now running at 3200mhz.... Hope this helps... In a bit of a rush to type all this down excuse the gramme or spelling mistakes haha. If you want to be safe check the compatibility list on your motherboards manufacturer website.

Reactions: NickElGreek
Jan 7, 2020
Hey,
I ran in to a compatibility issue with my motherboard paired with the same processor as you. I first purchased corsair vengeance Pro.... It would only work at 2733mhz. I managed to return this and purchased some trident z neo.... Exact same thing 2733mhz.... I then checked the compatibility list of the motherboard and I was then lucky enough to swap the trident z with a mates ripjaw v's.... These were on the compatibility list and they are now running at 3200mhz.... Hope this helps... In a bit of a rush to type all this down excuse the gramme or spelling mistakes haha. If you want to be safe check the compatibility list on your motherboards manufacturer website.

Hey Chris Hippo, I just had similar trouble with the Gskill Trident sticks, they're 3200 but with XMP it complains usually runs around 2.000mhz. I have a Rog Strix b450-I mobo but they don't have a QVL for Picasso CPUs. What mobo do you have?

Cheers!