[SOLVED] Best (most hit resistant and time resistant) external HDD

georouv

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
Hello, guys anyone that has time and has an opinion or any experience to take a choice between some HDDS . I would like to buy a external HDD around 1.5-3 TBs , because my budget is a bit low, i have already chosen some that are kinda popular. I would care more about to be hit resistant if it slips through my hands,and to be good quality i mean if i dont use him for 2-3 years and i open it, it would work just fine.What would you suggest between these 6 models series or if you have any additional choice in your mind.: 1.WD my passport, 2. WD Elements portable, 3.Seagate expansion portable, 4.Segate Basic,5. Silicon Power Armor , 6. Toshiba Canvio Basics.
If you have any personal experience from any hdd that was extremely good or extremely bad to avoid, pleasee tell me ,its really important to me.Happy new year and thank you very much in advance for your time.

Solution
If you want shock resistance, then get SSD.
Mechanical HDDs can not be shock resistant by design. If you drop it, it gets damaged and possibly dies.

But if your budget is low, then you can forget about shock resistance. Not going to happen with low cost mechanical hard drives.
2TB sata SSD is ~ €200.
Mechanical HDDs can not be shock resistant by design. If you drop it, it gets damaged and possibly dies.

But if your budget is low, then you can forget about shock resistance. Not going to happen with low cost mechanical hard drives.
2TB sata SSD is ~ €200.

Reactions: georouv
Solution

georouv

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020

2TB sata SSD is ~ €200.
Thank you very much for the answer, it was really helpful about the external SSDs ,didn't know those. Finally i am thinking now to spend a little more for some external SSDs.

TRENDING THREADS