[SOLVED] Best Power Supply for this Build?

Solution
I originally purchased the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GA, 80 Plus Gold 850W, but I've since read that it has a ton of compatibility issues with the 3080 cards.

Here is my current build; can you please recommend another PSU that would work well with those components?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diaa/saved/#view=mjrZwP

Thank you!
Here's a few good picks:
  • Super Flower Leadex III 850W
  • Corsair RM850x
  • Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850W
That GA series unit is not a really high quality model to begin with. For an RTX 3080 level build I'd probably recommend sticking with something like the Seasonic Prime series or the Corsair RMx, RMi, HX or HXi units. Even the Corsair TX units should probably be fine AND you could likely get by just fine with a Seasonic Focus plus unit. Even without a newer 300 series card I'd likely recommend avoiding those GA, or most recent EVGA models, as they no longer use Super Flower as their OEM and what they are selling now are rather pale in quality compared to the older G2, G3, B2, P2 and T2 models, or even the more budget oriented GQ models for that matter.

Recommendations can be found here:

Diaa

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
That GA series unit is not a really high quality model to begin with. For an RTX 3080 level build I'd probably recommend sticking with something like the Seasonic Prime series or the Corsair RMx, RMi, HX or HXi units. Even the Corsair TX units should probably be fine AND you could likely get by just fine with a Seasonic Focus plus unit. Even without a newer 300 series card I'd likely recommend avoiding those GA, or most recent EVGA models, as they no longer use Super Flower as their OEM and what they are selling now are rather pale in quality compared to the older G2, G3, B2, P2 and T2 models, or even the more budget oriented GQ models for that matter.

Recommendations can be found here:

Thank you. Can you please suggest a specific PSU and wattage? Unfortunately, referring to Tom's list on PSU's is what led me to buying the wrong item.

I originally purchased the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GA, 80 Plus Gold 850W, but I've since read that it has a ton of compatibility issues with the 3080 cards.

Here is my current build; can you please recommend another PSU that would work well with those components?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diaa/saved/#view=mjrZwP

Thank you!
Here's a few good picks:
  • Super Flower Leadex III 850W
  • Corsair RM850x
  • Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850W

Solution
What country are you in and what is your budget?
Thank you. Can you please suggest a specific PSU and wattage? Unfortunately, referring to Tom's list on PSU's is what led me to buying the wrong item.
This is unlikely.

"Tom's" doesn't HAVE a "list".

PSU cultists, who duplicated their list from LTT over to here, have a list, and the link I posted above does not GO to any kind of list, it goes to a guide with specific recommendations but the EVGA GA series is certainly not among the models I have recommended on that page so you wouldn't have been advised to purchase that unit based on my recommendations. The PSU cultists list DOES show the EVGA GA series on their Tier B but it is also clearly indicated that it is a unit that might have some problems as noted by the statement above that portion of the tier B listing that says "( low priority units - minor issues or lack of info )"

Besides which, it's a somewhat running source of contention here that most of us veteran members are definitely NOT in full agreement with many of the unit placements on that list. It's a resource, and one that they've invested a significant amount of work into, but that doesn't mean everything there is accurate or flawless. The people who've created that list are just "people", and people make mistakes or have differing opinions about things, in the end.