Bethesda Reveals Elder Scrolls Online Release Dates

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Man, you guys complain like a woman. You are the minority and some people are actually wanting the 15 bucks a month compared to the pay what you want, because when you get that option some people go overboard and mostly north of 15 bucks a month.

phraun

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Having played through several beta weekends to date, I don't have a lot of faith in ESO's success. Maybe if the endgame is absolutely phenomenal, but the leveling experience and what I've seen of the combat leave a lot to be desired. The "story" may as well not exist at all.

@ Fluffy Thedestroyer

Star Wars: ToR also had the whole Star Wars Galaxies community itching for something better and still couldn't deliver. You are not going to satisfy people used to open world, dynamic games by sending them on linear pizza delivery missions. There needs to be an element of player based economy for me to ever give a subscription again. MMORPG' players want to feel as if they created the gaming world in which they spend time.

lokii_0

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Played the beta. It sucked. Imagine everything that you loved about the elder scrolls, now take away about 90% of that and replace it with the exact same mechanics, questing, graphics etc as every other WoW-clone on the market and that is ESO.

x1nvictus7

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Everyone is saying this game will flop because it is P2P? Ya, I guess no P2P game has ever been successful. Oh. except... World of Warcraft. P2P MMO's are generally much better than F2P because F2P sucks. If this is a quality game, I will gladly pay 15 or 20 dollars a month for it. F2P=Pay to Win. P2P is competitive.

Buddy Couch

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
So all of these "i hate 15 dollar a month people" love playing with there little lonesome selves in the basement? First of all there is no FREE TO PLAY MMO. Companies with F2p are making more money than they ever did at 15 bucks a month. If you want to keep the game fair and balanced and leave the game to provide you with what you earn then this is the model that you want. Why put in the effort to get that fabled dragon helmet if some smuck with 35 dollars buys one thats the exact same but has a slightly different hue. ? You like this type of game? You expect someone to run a decent online service for nothing? Games were always 40-60 bucks before they were online components. You expect this company to run a server system that would have to rival googles to support millions of people online at once with no lag for the cost of the game? Don't even mention the failed attempts at doing so, they will not win you any support.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The ES games have been my favorite series since Daggerfall. I've bought all of them and most of the expansions. That being said, I will probably not play ESO. Maybe they will somehow be able to completely reinvent the MMO game style, but I seriously doubt it. If they could somehow have the game be 99% single player (or co-op), including towns, and have full multiplayer when it will actually add to the game, then it could be good. Even then though, it probably won't be worth $15/month. This game had better not mean that we won't get any new single player games, but I bet it will. Remember Warcraft 4?

Executeorder66

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Isn't just the subscription it's elder scrolls is a SINGLE PLAYER EXP PERIOD! It looks and plays like crap.
Go ahead buy it then you'll regret it within first few hours. It's terrible and I want it to bomb!
Bethesda has grown arrogant and forgotten it was us the gamers who made them!
Still no fallout 4 news why?

Status
Not open for further replies.