Feb 14, 2019
I've run multiple scans on my PC from multiple websites that say I'm lacking in the CPU department when it comes to games, I've got a AMD-FX-6300 Six core processor (3.5 GHz).

The rest of the specs:
8 GB RAM DDR3-1600 Crucial ballistix sport 4GB (2x)
AMD Socket AM3+ for FX/Phenom II/Athlon II/Semron 100 series processors
2x dimm max 16GB DDR3 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066 MHz, ECC and non-ECC, un-bufferd memory.

Probably unnecessary for the question:
GTX 960 4GB gaming
A 500W power suply (IDK witch one but it's not the problem)
1TB HDD
2 other HDD with around 200GB
A CPU fan (don't know witch)
2 more fans

The question:
I want to upgrade the CPU but I don't think I can get one thats actually decent for games without switching the motherboard and memory, correct?
If so I can figure it out myself for the rest but if there's a processor for games that can use this motherboard and memory with it that I might have missed I'd like to know, thanks in advance.

Solution
if you cant afford a new platform cpu motherboard and ram then a new cooler and an 8350/8370 is an option if your board will support the higher powerdraw.

but yeah not ideal...
if you can jump to a new platform then go for it.

lastly you can try changing the affinity for the game exe so it doesnt sit on core 0/1
some games aint optimized well and windows itself had issues with the amd core scheduler on the 6100 and 6300 cpu's
Feb 14, 2019
At the moment I thought getting like a Ryzen 5 2600x or I5-8400 what is recomendable for motherboard and memory that will perform well but can be bought with a small budget, ofcourse I can always save up for some time as I can run most games pretty well and I can live with low quality as long as the FPS is good. so I'm not in a hurry but I'll be hauling in money soon (can't really say how much until I have it though).

But if you have recomendations for those 2 processors (or other processors of equal quality or better that you can recommend and are around the same price range), I'd like to know what motherboard and memory is best to use (on faily low budget when talking gaming, for the time being assume $400).

if you cant afford a new platform cpu motherboard and ram then a new cooler and an 8350/8370 is an option if your board will support the higher powerdraw.

but yeah not ideal...
if you can jump to a new platform then go for it.

lastly you can try changing the affinity for the game exe so it doesnt sit on core 0/1
some games aint optimized well and windows itself had issues with the amd core scheduler on the 6100 and 6300 cpu's

Solution