encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, i want to buy a new pair of headphones but i don't really know which one to buy from Beyerdynamic , DT 880 Or DT 990, i play games, listen to music
just want the best sound quality while listening to music and gaming, i know that the dt990 has more treble and more bass, but i don't care about all of this ,
i just want the best sound quality from them while gaming and listening to music .

Solution
D
As you discovered the 990 is more V shaped with boosted highs and lows at the expense of recessed mids. The highs can be quite sharp and even painful for some people ( me included ). The 880 is much more neutral and balanced and is a very good headphone although it can still have sibilance issues for some people.
D

Deleted member 217926

As you discovered the 990 is more V shaped with boosted highs and lows at the expense of recessed mids. The highs can be quite sharp and even painful for some people ( me included ). The 880 is much more neutral and balanced and is a very good headphone although it can still have sibilance issues for some people.

Solution