Question BIOS fail. No POST, No Beep. Power cycles

May 19, 2022
I thought I updated correctly, I didn't.

I have an ACER Aspire TC-780A with 24G DDR4 RAM.

The computer powers on, the power supply fan initializes, the HDD initializes, there is no beep, no POST, no display, the CPU fan does not turn on. Then the computer powers off. It restarts on its own, does the same thing, then cycles endlessly until I pull the plug.

From what I have frantically researched, I need to reflash the BIOS. Great, I'll do that.

I need to find the correct file and the actual how-to. everything I find is for a laptop. I have a desktop.

Help??

I thought I updated correctly, I didn't.

I have an ACER Aspire TC-780A with 24G DDR4 RAM.

The computer powers on, the power supply fan initializes, the HDD initializes, there is no beep, no POST, no display, the CPU fan does not turn on. Then the computer powers off. It restarts on its own, does the same thing, then cycles endlessly until I pull the plug.

From what I have frantically researched, I need to reflash the BIOS. Great, I'll do that.

I need to find the correct file and the actual how-to. everything I find is for a laptop. I have a desktop.

Help??
Bios file.

How to.
https://community.acer.com/en/discu...e-bios-in-acer-aspire-tc-780a-windows-10-home

May 19, 2022
Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, I cannot get to the beep. The Acer splash screen does not initialize. I cannot even get to the cmd screen to perform this exact operation.

Is there something that can be done at or prior to POST?

May 20, 2022
Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, I cannot get to the beep. The Acer splash screen does not initialize. I cannot even get to the cmd screen to perform this exact operation.

Is there something that can be done at or prior to POST?

Did you already try removing your CMOS battery or shorting your CMOS jumper?