Question Bios freezes when mouse is plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grego12

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys,

Got a strange issue. I have a Asus z97-a motherboard that I updated today to ver. 3503 (I had a 1xxx version before).

Update seemed to work, but when I enter the bios now it freezes within seconds if I have my steelseries rival 600 mouse plugged in. If i unplug the mouse right away or (before entering the bios), the bios works fine and I can make changes with the keyboard. Windows 10 pro 64 starts and works fine.

Any idea whats causing this? I tried all my usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports and it freezes when plugged into every one.
Thanks!

i5 4690k
380x
8gb gskillz ram
1tb WD hard drive
250 evo ssd

I just tried a wireless mouse, and that worked fine. Could it be a driver issue with the steelseries mouse?
On a side note, I updated the bios because it originally froze whenever i tried changing the boot order. With the new version, it still does that :S

it may be an issue with that kind of mouse. something that may not be able to be resolved until a later BIOS update. the BIOS is not like an operating system so you have no control of things like drivers when it comes to something like this

Grego12

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2014
it may be an issue with that kind of mouse. something that may not be able to be resolved until a later BIOS update. the BIOS is not like an operating system so you have no control of things like drivers when it comes to something like this

Dang, sounds like im SOL. There probably wont be any future bios updates too, considering the board is 4-5 years old. I assume the bios freezing when changing boot orders is also the BIOS's fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS