Question BIOS is nowhere to be found?

Jul 23, 2024
I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but they said that I don't have TMP 2.0 enabled. Every other p.c. I have ever owned, esc, F2, F9, F10, F11 or F12, would get you there, but not this one. I have a HP Pavilion P6110f. I cant find the BIOS or security settings, ANYWHERE. Even from settings> update & security> recovery> restart now, When I go to troubleshoot, there's no UEFI firmware option. I don't know what to do. Please help!

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but they said that I don't have TMP 2.0 enabled. Every other p.c. I have ever owned, esc, F2, F9, F10, F11 or F12, would get you there, but not this one. I have a HP Pavilion P6110f. I cant find the BIOS or security settings, ANYWHERE. Even from settings> update & security> recovery> restart now, When I go to troubleshoot, there's no UEFI firmware option. I don't know what to do. Please help!
That PC is nowhere close to compatible with W11, it doesn't even have UEFI, only Legacy BIOS so no TPM 2.0 or secure BOOT.
If you insist (not recommended) on installing W11 there's a way to bypass requirements and easiest way to use Rufus program to make a bootable USB and chose to bypass W11 requirements.
It's still unlikely for W11 to have all drivers for that platform or they exist at all although some W10 drivers may be sufficient.

Reactions: Six Stringsting

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Terrible things, those Pavilions. Usually it's holding the esc or the f10 and then turning on the power, then selecting bios from the menu that gets you in. Not sure most have UEFI though.

You might be better running a script to disable TPM checking for install.

Reactions: Six Stringsting
Jul 23, 2024
I have a Lenovo laptop that I usually use, but it took a dump on me yesterday, so I grabbed this pavilion out of the closet, put a new drive on and a clean install of win 10,.. Windows was upgrading or automatically, and said I only had to enable TMP 2.0...I have win 11 on laptop, and don't really care about win 11. I was more disturbed by it not having UEFI, and not being about to locate my bios. It works fine. Thanks for answering by boggle. I am an electrician by trade but am fascinated by computers,. I keep all the hardware and anything that's looks ok from every PC someone gets rid of. I have dozens of cpu's and 60 + memory sets, drives out the ying-yang. I could probably build a better one than in using but, I still need to learn more a about compatibility of hardware and such. Is there any books you could suggest for the tinkering PC builder, that would be invaluable the to me on learning about PC's? I would live to fix my laptop. I am confident or is a software issue, add I can changed the HDD and it worked immediately. Thanks again
for your knowledge

Jul 23, 2024
That PC is nowhere close to compatible with W11, it doesn't even have UEFI, only Legacy BIOS so no TPM 2.0 or secure BOOT.
If you insist (not recommended) on installing W11 there's a way to bypass requirements and easiest way to use Rufus program to make a bootable USB and chose to bypass W11 requirements.
It's still unlikely for W11 to have all drivers for that platform or they exist at all although some W10 drivers may be sufficient.
Thanks so much for answering! I didn't have any idea about it not having UEFI...I actually have a great Lenovo laptop, but it quit booting on be yesterday and I pulled this pavilion out of the closet. The laptop must be a software issue, for I swapped the HDD out for over that I to know was good , and it worked immediately. Oil just do a clean install of win 12 on a new drive and it should be great. Thank you do much for answering and sharing your knowledge. I profusely appreciate you!

Reactions: CountMike