Question Bios update

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Ya speed fan detected mine but i couldn't get change anything.
Have you tried your mobo qfan for the case fans.
You can also use MSI Afterburner or your brand gpu software and set a custom fan curve for the gpu.
I set my 1070ti to ramp up sooner.
So say 40-50c 40-50% fan
60c 80% fan
70c 100% fan.
Still a 30c ambient room temp is going to keep it running warm.
But give the system time to see if the mx4 helps.
For my systems with corsair water coolers the thermaltake TG-7 works best it was immediate temp drop vs mx4.
90% rubbing alcohol works

When you put the back plate and heat sink was any movement at all?
Okay i have afterburner so gotta check that, package of mx4 said non-curing but i will give it time to be sure, not really i had use tape etc to hold the backplate there, how the backplate should be even attached? it just fell when i was removing the heatsink

It should be even as much as possible.
On 1 on my fx boards i used nylon washers on the backplate pegs on the back side of the mobo,
To stop the pegs from going through the board so much.
By doing that the stand offs for the water cooler pump head held the backplate nice and tight no more movement, it also allowed the pump head to be more snug to the cpu.
Before that the standoffs to backplate to mobo was loose.
The the pump head thumb nuts would bottom out before seating properly.
Any hardware store would have the but you would most likely need the backplate with youto get the right NYLON washers.
Somthing to keep in mind in case you disassembled again.

Thats a very good improvment from what it was.
Ya some gpu's like my zotac gtx 1060 6gb
Fans are off at idle then start as temps rise.
But you can still set a fan curve to come on sooner if wanted using msi afterburner or your brand gpu software.
I have mine set to 40% fan for upto 40c
50c 60%-70%fan 60c plus 100%fan.
But i will put up with extra fan noise if its keeping the system temps down.
If it's still pretty warm weather in your area and you don't have air conditioning then you are doing pretty good.