[SOLVED] Bios upgraded failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2019
Hey, im using a Asus tuf b450-plus gaming motherboard in my build. After building the pc it booted up as it should(to my knowledge everything seemed fine, until the screen started to freeze. At that time I read it might help with a bios update so I find the latest bios for my motherboard (604) during the installation of the update the screen and everything freezes again. Leaving it do its thing for another 30 minutes or so nothing have changed and I went to try and reboot it, I turn It off and turns of the battery and detach the cable as well. When starting it up it says it's in bios recovery mode "warning! Bios recovery mode has been detected. Please put the file "tb450psg.cap" into HDD or removable USB media device, and then reset your computer. You can also insert ASUS support CD and reset, if you have done these please wait a moment and dont shut down the system!!! System will be automatically rebooted.

So what and where do I find the Tb450PSG.CAP file when I down have a cd-rom?
I thought first it might just be the former bios but that didn't seem to work.(screen and peripherals stop responding when doing this..)

All help appreciated

mtracy1991

Reputable

I'd say double-check the BIOS. Motherboards have a rev 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, et cetra. Usually you can identify this by looking at your MOBO. There is usually an indicator on your MOBO telling you this.

You find it on Asus support site.
You download BIOS zip file, extract BIOS CAP file, rename it to Tb450PSG.CAP and copy onto FAT32 formatted USB flash drive.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Status
Not open for further replies.