BioShock 2 PC Shuns the Xbox 360 Gamepad

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCIII

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Friends and neighbors,

Do not think for a minute that the community manager at 2K Games is being honest with us. This is obviously a coordinated effort, by Microsoft and 2K Games, to sell more Xbox 360 consoles and games. 360 controller support is supposed to be mandatory on all Live games.

However, once gamers realize that they could play these mouse-unfriendly ported games well on a computer with the appropriate controller, the two respective companies, Microsoft and 2K Games, have strategized together to plot against the community of PC gamers. If we do not protest, expect more cuts directly related to the PCs support capabilities.

It seems that Microsoft is so huge that it has a divided house with product managers fighting against each other; the company is actually divided. Its OS division has succumbed to its consul divisions demands. No doubt an executive decision over seemed to interests.

This kind of leadership will eventually be the demise of Microsoft's OS. Wake up Microsoft.

Joseph C. Carbone III
Los Angeles, California

G

put the option on in the future. it is good to have access to the 360 pad to sort of migrate players to the majesty of the PC
Jonathan McCuistion

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]JCCIII[/nom]Friends and neighbors, Do not think for a minute that the community manager at 2K Games is being honest with us. This is obviously a coordinated effort, by Microsoft and 2K Games, to sell more Xbox 360 consoles and games. 360 controller support is supposed to be mandatory on all Live games. However, once gamers realize that they could play these mouse-unfriendly ported games well on a computer with the appropriate controller, the two respective companies, Microsoft and 2K Games, have strategized together to plot against the community of PC gamers. If we do not protest, expect more cuts directly related to the PCs support capabilities.It seems that Microsoft is so huge that it has a divided house with product managers fighting against each other; the company is actually divided. Its OS division has succumbed to its consul divisions demands. No doubt an executive decision over seemed to interests. This kind of leadership will eventually be the demise of Microsoft's OS. Wake up Microsoft.Joseph C. Carbone IIILos Angeles, California[/citation]

Are you serious?! Man, government conspiracies are one thing but you have WAAAAAYYY too much time on your hands to think that one out. If M$ is plotting to push PC users to consoles...then they wouldn't have made this or any recently released games for the PC.

Seriously....there are gamers then there are the obsessed.

Nizodizo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
KB&M ruined this game. It is made for the game pad.
Play Bioshock using both of the control options(KB&M and gamepad) and you can judge for your self.

mr_joey

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
It has been proven that controllers have been specifically developed for ergonomics and to play games. Learning to play with the keyboard and mouse is unintuitive and is more like using a leaf blower as a gun, instead of a an actual gun, that's more intuitive and easier to point. I understand that it's easier to aim (with the mouse), but I don't like being hunched over on my pc. I feel that PC games are more solitary and make me paranoid using the keyboard and mouse. I'll take my controller any day.

P.S. It's OBVIOUS that they did this because they know that if people want to play with a controller bad enough they will go out and by the game, because most PC gamers will pirate it instead, if they don't have to play it on the xbox.

Long live controller rumble!

G

I have tendinitis and using a keyboard for extended periods of time hurts my whole arm, not so with a gamepad.
that being said there is no excuse in this day and age with the high install base of 360 controllers on pc not to support them, use of utilities such as xpadder should not be necessary. the whole reason to buy the pc version of a title is to have better graphics and control OPTIONS, forcing users to use a keyboard is silly. if they refuse to support gamepads, I am one gamer who won't be playing the game, I'm not alone either.

G

Just got the game and found out after installing it that I can't use the controller, had I known that I wouldn't have bought the game. I didn't buy the controller to watch it just sit there. Those who like the keyboard and mouse are, as the opening statement makes, Old School. The developers seem to be aswell. I'll have to keep an eye on Games for Windows games next time.

G

Yeah, all you people who tout your mouse and keyboard superiority have a serious problem. If you don't like the controller, deal with it and don't use it. Many many others of us prefer to use the controller because it allows for a more immersive experience (right thumbstick like a person's head, right trigger like a gun, and vibration like your....)

I WILL NOT BUT THIS GAME WITHOUT CONTROLLER SUPPORT.

Gaming on the PC should be about options (xpadder yeah, but i wan't true 320 controller support). It shouldn't be hard to enable both configurations and to make the 360 configuration match the 360 experience (but with better graphics of course). After all what is a 360 but a graphics heavy PC?

Hazel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
What's funny is that the douche bags saying they don't care and making the typical elitist, push-button responses to the k+m vs gamepad argument are probably the types who would be here crying if it was something that was important to them that was excluded for no apparent reason.

Hazel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
What's funny is that the douche bags saying they don't care and making the typical elitist, push-button responses to the k+m vs gamepad argument are probably the types who would be here crying if it was something that was important to them that was excluded for no apparent reason.

G

You just lost a lot of players that i know with that decision.
If you want keybord, you play with keyboard....if you want 360 control you play with 360 control.

we ARE IN 2010, this is the dumbest decision that i ever saw in a video game.

Im gona tell all the players i know not to consume your products anynore.

papu84

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
bioshock2 has controller support. Just browse to \Program Files\BioShock 2\MP\Builds\Binaries\" and edit the default.ini file. Search for UseJoystick=False and UseController=False and set True instead of False. Save file (attention, the file is read only, so you have to save somewere else and replace) or unset read only permission. Do the same in \Program Files\BioShock 2\SP\Builds\Binaries. Enjoy!

G

I love every type of gaming, PC and console..... However, games that r on both should support both periphals.... I only say that cause I'm in the military..and guess what, after 12 years of service, im about to be in a tent....again.... but it turns out, i can play xbox live games, with trophies and all, on my laptop...downloaded my gamertag, and when i get a connection, will be able to talk to my friends amd my pregnant wife (who by the way i;ll miss the birth of my child while in afghanisatan) but, for all of the other games on live PC,,itll be like i'm playing on 360.... my wife bought me a wired trom glowing blue controller and all....except for BS2 and DR2..... they are too good for people who actually want a rumbling controller under there palms..... its not so easy playing w/ a laptop touchpad(for u non controller supporters)... yeas i can pack a wireless mouse...but i only have so much room in my duffel.... what else do i have to saccrifice for the USA.....

G

Nope I've been a gamer for over 30 years since dad brought home the first Pong game & attached it to the old black & white tube tv,then most Games & Platforms throughout, Zork/TRS-80,Atari(all), Apple(all,Lisa,Wizardry on Franklin Ace clones, etc.), Commodore,(most vic-20,64, Pawn/on Amigas, Nintendos,Segas,Blah Blah until present.. I have also played Bioshocks on 360 & PC. The graphics far surpassed on on the PC gaming rig, the MS controller response time is fine. Likewise, sure it's newer but not much engine-changed & bumped up New Vegas Visual surpasses on "hi-end" gaming rig what Fallout 3 could ever do on 360 & again response time is fine for controller. That's is for not-too complex shooters/RPG. For more complex RPG, slinging spells, & lots of things to do I'd rather have my crazy Razer Keyboard & mouse for the tasks.

G

how do they not make a pc gamepad that is acurate to a mouse and keyboard and now this is going to start all over again when they stop supporting games that use a pc gamepad and how do people play a game with ten keyboard keys and a mouse I cannot understand people that are saying this. OOH NOT AGAIN.

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
2k or any other company that DECIDES what someone like or not IS WRONG.
If some likes to play like The Hunchback of NotreDame in his tyny 24" inch monitor; is fine for me. I do not like it.
Is a sterile and worthless experience compared to Shooting a 50" inch monster in a 7.1 audio environment with a rumbling controller from a lounge chair. Playing with K&M is clumsy and plain stupid. It only cost me $10 but are $10 down the drain.Too bad is just the same 2k would have invest in adding support for it.
And NOT,I will not buy a overpriced and obsolete piece of junk just to play a game, instead;will chosse another one. Lossing sales for something like this is just BAD business which is the reason they make games in first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS