[SOLVED] Black output when I switch display cable

Mar 15, 2020
So I have 2 different workstations. One has a monitor with DVI which works fine, but then when I move it to the other workstation which has HDMI, it doesn't say there's not an output, but it's black.

I tried connecting both monitors at the same time, and they both worked, but then I unplugged the DVI so I could use the HDMI. Then, when I plugged the DVI back in, it stayed black. Now I have the same problem, except it's for the DVI and not the HDMI.

The HDMI cable and monitor works fine with every other device, so there's nothing wrong with those components. It's started happening since I updated to my new CPU & Motherboard.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Solution
So I have 2 different workstations. One has a monitor with DVI which works fine, but then when I move it to the other workstation which has HDMI, it doesn't say there's not an output, but it's black.

I tried connecting both monitors at the same time, and they both worked, but then I unplugged the DVI so I could use the HDMI. Then, when I plugged the DVI back in, it stayed black. Now I have the same problem, except it's for the DVI and not the HDMI.
You have one or two monitors? Why need to move a monitor then? The pc's aren't both at the same place/desk?
Sorry maybe i don't see it well,but questions that pop up.

There could also be a problem with resolution where when switching the rsolution somehow doesn't match...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

You have one or two monitors? Why need to move a monitor then? The pc's aren't both at the same place/desk?

There could also be a problem with resolution where when switching the rsolution somehow doesn't match and you get that black screen so make sure resolution is set to monitors max.

Solution
Mar 15, 2020

There could also be a problem with resolution where when switching the rsolution somehow doesn't match and you get that black screen so make sure resolution is set to monitors max.

So I have 2 desks in different rooms: each has one monitor, keyboard and mouse. I just move my PC.

Resolution is also the same. I'm going to try update my bios and see what happens.