Question Black screen then crash on games

Jan 6, 2023
Every time I play any game recently it freezes, black screens, then closes the application kind of like it would if I closed it with task manager, it just completely closes with no extra information. Everything leads me to believe it is gpu driver issues but I've reset my pc twice, wiped drives, and troubleshooted for days. frames don't drop but its just a random crash. there is no impact to performance like its capping resources it just stops. I've used ddu to reset drivers and such and nothing works. This all started when I got my new monitor for Christmas and plugged it in for a second monitor. I'm not sure if that changes anything. Also, when i use my older gpu (rx570) it works completely fine and doesn't crash so i do think it is my gpu but I don't know what. I know its not temps either, I don' t OC and i have plenty of quality air flow from my noctua fans. my gpu has been working for a while and I've had no issues for the year that I've had this pc up until recently. This problem has been making me want to sell my computer for whatever and scam myself with a laptop because of how annoying it is. I should mention I am able to play games usually but sometimes it just starts crashing over and over or like if im playing minecraft and load up chunkbase (an online map) and start using it it will crash like its using too many resources and just gives up but its not actually losing resources. Any help would be appreciated. :)) I'm not sure what other info to put but I'm happy to answer.

part list:
ryzen 5 2600
rx 6600 gigabyte eagle
boot drive 970 evo plus 512gb
2x8 3200 corsair lpx ram
evga 550 watt gold
asrock b450m pro4 mb

Colif

Win 11 Master
running 2 monitors shouldn't cause problems unless its a fault in the GPU

have you tried just running 1 monitor by itself? The new one I mean. Have you tried new monitor on another PC?

Have you tried different ports on the GPU? How old is GPU?

are there any errors showing in reliability history besides restarts?

Jan 6, 2023
thanks so much for replying!

so since i got the new monitor i havent touched it but i also havent tried to use it by itself, ill try that tomorrow ive just been scared to use it since this has happended. so like my system doesnt even know it exists because its been completely restarted and still has been plugged into it

i will try different ports in the gpu but i think ive switched them around while troubleshooting, another thing ill try tommorow. the gpu is a couple months old so nothing like that should be the problem im hoping

and im so sorry but the last question just confuses me i guess im a little incompetent haha. possibly elaborate?

Jan 6, 2023
thanks so much for replying!

so since i got the new monitor i havent touched it but i also havent tried to use it by itself, ill try that tomorrow ive just been scared to use it since this has happended. so like my system doesnt even know it exists because its been completely restarted and still has been plugged into it

i will try different ports in the gpu but i think ive switched them around while troubleshooting, another thing ill try tommorow. the gpu is a couple months old so nothing like that should be the problem im hoping

and im so sorry but the last question just confuses me i guess im a little incompetent haha. possibly elaborate?
i was just thinking i dont know if this helps but i shut down my pc maybe thrirty minutes ago and no games could even start they just ended up crashing and all day today i played on it. and just like a lot of times im willing to bet after a nice couple hours of being shut down ill be able to play games again in the morning. its done that a few times which sounds kinda like temperature issues i guess? i dont know i just thought id say this because anything helps.

Jan 6, 2023
I have the phanteks p360 a and five noctua fans with the amd stock cooler and brand new thermal paste. i ran the temps and minecraft crashed right as i opened a world and all my temps were fine, the cpu reached 50 and my gpu didnt even get to 40

Jan 6, 2023
I also was running siege for a solid two hours with no crashes but when i did turn my pc on this morning it blue screened with a stopcode saying faulty hardware, it reset and it was fine. Also, I switched hdmi ports on my gpu and monitor and nothing changed it still crashed under minimal load.

Colif

Win 11 Master
im trying to show a picture but dont know how, anyways on ryzen master it is saying the the EDC (CPU) is at 99%-100% and is red which doesnt feel right

what power plan are you running in? try running balanced.
mines normally on 12% at idle

I have the phanteks p360 a and five noctua fans
mesh front and 5 noctuas, you should be fine.
I have 3 noctuas, that is enough.