[SOLVED] Black screen when booting 1050ti and when trying to install new drivers I get a BSOD (nvlddmkm.sys)

Aug 25, 2021
Hello I have been having a recurring problem with my Gigabyte 1050ti. When my GPU is plugged in the PC cannot boot, in fact it doesn't even show the BIOS but the GPU is on because the fans are spinning, so what I did was I pulled out an old AMD GPU and slotted it in next to the 1050ti and it booted fine. When I checked device manager I got an error saying that 'there is a problem with this device' under 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' (1050ti). Naturally, I installed the latest drivers off NVIDIAs website but when I installed them I got a Blue Screen Of Death saying 'page_fault_in_nonpaged_area' 'what failed: nvlddmkm.sys'. So I booted into safe mode and ran DDU to clear the drivers, tried again, and no luck. I then flashed my MOBOs BIOS to the latest version but once again no luck. I then proceeded to put my GPU in a spare PC and.... the exact same thing happened. I then plugged it back in and downloaded and ran MSI afterburner the AMD GPU showed up but my 1050ti did not. I went into settings to try and find it and I did everything looked fine but when I looked down at the vBIOS it said unknown version. So I flashed my vBIOS but NVFLASH said it already had a BIOS I flashed it anyway.... No difference. I also noticed that the error in device manager had changed from the other error to a new one 'The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter. I then decided to investigate the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD and I followed what seems as every tutorial but none worked. So I resorted to deleting nvlddmkm.sys.... Windows broke... I committed clean install and now I'm back to square one. I've read and watched too many tutorials so I have decided to make my own post. I hope this works....

Thanks in advance....
A frustrated 13yr old

Solution
Already done that I have tried everything in the book but nothing I have done works. Thanks for your help tho :)
If reflashing the vbios wont work, there is usually something's up with your gpu. Usually when writing/rewriting the vBios the eeprom should be deleted and replaced with the vbios you are writing on. Also if you did DDU both the nvidia and amd driver, and 1050ti wont work, then somthings up to the gpu.
Hello I have been having a recurring problem with my Gigabyte 1050ti. When my GPU is plugged in the PC cannot boot, in fact it doesn't even show the BIOS but the GPU is on because the fans are spinning, so what I did was I pulled out an old AMD GPU and slotted it in next to the 1050ti and it booted fine. When I checked device manager I got an error saying that 'there is a problem with this device' under 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' (1050ti). Naturally, I installed the latest drivers off NVIDIAs website but when I installed them I got a Blue Screen Of Death saying 'page_fault_in_nonpaged_area' 'what failed: nvlddmkm.sys'. So I booted into safe mode and ran DDU to clear the drivers, tried again, and no luck. I then flashed my MOBOs BIOS to the latest version but once again no luck. I then proceeded to put my GPU in a spare PC and.... the exact same thing happened. I then plugged it back in and downloaded and ran MSI afterburner the AMD GPU showed up but my 1050ti did not. I went into settings to try and find it and I did everything looked fine but when I looked down at the vBIOS it said unknown version. So I flashed my vBIOS but NVFLASH said it already had a BIOS I flashed it anyway.... No difference. I also noticed that the error in device manager had changed from the other error to a new one 'The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter. I then decided to investigate the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD and I followed what seems as every tutorial but none worked. So I resorted to deleting nvlddmkm.sys.... Windows broke... I committed clean install and now I'm back to square one. I've read and watched too many tutorials so I have decided to make my own post. I hope this works....

Thanks in advance....
A frustrated 13yr old
you should uninstall all the drivers using DDU, you could do it without your gpu as long your cpu got intergrated graphics.

Already done that I have tried everything in the book but nothing I have done works. Thanks for your help tho :)
If reflashing the vbios wont work, there is usually something's up with your gpu. Usually when writing/rewriting the vBios the eeprom should be deleted and replaced with the vbios you are writing on. Also if you did DDU both the nvidia and amd driver, and 1050ti wont work, then somthings up to the gpu.

Solution
Aug 25, 2021
Yea something is definitely up

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS