[SOLVED] Blackscreen when in game - Manually Restart - AMD GPU driver gone after restart (RX 580)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
Hi, i just downloaded my new game F1 2018.

I had GPU issue when playing it, after few minutes in game, i got black screen followed by no signal by my monitor, my PC still running in the background, i still can hear my friend talking on Whatsapp call but i can't see any graphic output, after i force restarted my PC with the button on the case, the AMD graphic driver was gone, but the file still there on my SSD - last hope i got was restarting normally via alt-f4, and the driver was back. (i'm sure it was not my monitor or the cable fault because they were brand new and no thermal issue, 74C under full load)

I was suspected it was the game fault not compatible with AMD latest driver (v21.4.1), but after i open something, the screen freezed and it was repeated, my monitor suddenly showing no signal, blah blah blah, force restart again. (This happened once)

Any help? i would appreciate that very much. Thanks.

System Specs:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4 Core 8 Threads CPU @stock speed
  • Motherboard: AM4 AsRock A320m HDV-R4.0
  • BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.70, 13/11/2019
  • GPU: Powercolor RX 580 4GB @stock speed (Connected via Display Port)
  • RAM: Viper Gaming Patriot 2x8GB DDR4 @3200mhz
  • PSU: Digital Alliance 600W 80+ Bronze
  • Storage: 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 500GB HDD, 1x 3TB HDD
  • Monitor: Armageddon Pixxel+ 24" 144hz

Last edited:
Solution
I'd say the generic 240w PSU(meager 20a 12v rail) masquerading as a 600w PSU(an actual good 600w unit would have a 12v rating of ~50a) complete with a fake 80 plus rating(not on clearresults list of certified units) is likely the problem.

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
Honestly, what you are describing is an under-powered PSU, that is failing when put under a heavy load (like when gaming). I would replace with a quality make/model.
I'd say the generic 240w PSU(meager 20a 12v rail) masquerading as a 600w PSU(an actual good 600w unit would have a 12v rating of ~50a) complete with a fake 80 plus rating(not on clearresults list of certified units) is likely the problem.
But i own this PSU like 2 years ago, i got no power issue until yesterday, i played AC:Valhalla, Cyberpunk, etc without any power issue, this problem came after i download the F1 2018 and update latest GPU driver, maybe rolling back GPU driver is a good idea? because I'm a little short of cash right now to replace PSU.

Noone has ever had issues until they did. It's not like you PSU will hold a sign " I have issues ". You were pushing your luck with it until one day it wasn't enough. The PSU may not be your problem but it definitely IS a problem. You need to buy a quality build PSU with proper protections and wattage rating.

Where did you get the game from?

bignastyid

Titan
But i own this PSU like 2 years ago, i got no power issue until yesterday, i played AC:Valhalla, Cyberpunk, etc without any power issue, this problem came after i download the F1 2018 and update latest GPU driver, maybe rolling back GPU driver is a good idea? because I'm a little short of cash right now to replace PSU.
That PSU is a bad day waiting to happen, and there's a good chance when your luck runs out and it does finally die it won't die alone and will end up costing alot more than a decent PSU would have from the start. It is possible it's not a power issue, but the elephant in the room should be addressed first.

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
Noone has ever had issues until they did. It's not like you PSU will hold a sign " I have issues ". You were pushing your luck with it until one day it wasn't enough. The PSU may not be your problem but it definitely IS a problem. You need to buy a quality build PSU with proper protections and wattage rating.

Where did you get the game from?
It was a pirated game i got from trusted site, well think i need save my cash for brand new PSU, thanks for your answer.

That PSU is a bad day waiting to happen, and there's a good chance when your luck runs out and it does finally die it won't die alone and will end up costing alot more than a decent PSU would have from the start. It is possible it's not a power issue, but the elephant in the room should be addressed first.
Yeah, i think i will save my luck for other occasion before i running out of it, thanks for your answer, appreciate that.

Maybe admin can change this thread into answered question? or should i? i'm kinda new to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.