Question Blank Blue Screen when installing windows 10

Muz1e

Reputable
Mar 24, 2020
I know this question has been asked many time but I cant seem to find solutions for my unit, I've recently upgraded my motherboard from a320m to b550m( auros elite to be specific) Whenever I override boot my windows installation flashdrive (downloaded from windows media creation tool 22h2 and used rufus to create bootable device) Blank Blue screen only appear whenever I hit enter, it flash and when I press ESC button the system restart. I've tried several modification to the bios settings like disabling csm support/secure boot and fast boot, disabling XMP,. Ive laso tried using both MBR and GPT partition scheme to no avail.

My Rigs spec is:
Ryzen 5 3600
B550m Aorus Elite
Hyperx Fury 8gb 2666hz x2 (16gb)
Palit Super Jetstream Gtx 1060 6gb
Kingston SNVS/250G 250gb NVME m.2

Happy New Year everyone. Cheers!!!!

Jan 7, 2023
Always with the 22H2 update I've had a blank blue screen with some artifact ripping. My laptop got through it after the first restart with the blue screen problem but my desktop has problems with it. My Lenovo ideapad 15L also doesn't go into BIOS /UEFI but my desktop gets into BIOS fine until the freeze happens and my reset button doesn't work so I have to use the power button.

I know this question has been asked many time but I cant seem to find solutions for my unit, I've recently upgraded my motherboard from a320m to b550m( auros elite to be specific) Whenever I override boot my windows installation flashdrive (downloaded from windows media creation tool 22h2 and used rufus to create bootable device) Blank Blue screen only appear whenever I hit enter, it flash and when I press ESC button the system restart. I've tried several modification to the bios settings like disabling csm support/secure boot and fast boot, disabling XMP,. Ive laso tried using both MBR and GPT partition scheme to no avail.

My Rigs spec is:
Ryzen 5 3600
B550m Aorus Elite
Hyperx Fury 8gb 2666hz x2 (16gb)
Palit Super Jetstream Gtx 1060 6gb
Kingston SNVS/250G 250gb NVME m.2

Happy New Year everyone. Cheers!!!!
Use the Windows Media Creation tool to create the USB. No need to use Rufus (but if done correctly it makes no difference).
Try having just the drive you want to install Windows on installed in the M2A M.2 slot. I've seen something similar when Windows doesn't see any valid media to install Windows too.

Are you currently using a software RAID option? If yes, disable.