Apr 22, 2023
Hi all

I am running into some issues after my recent upgrade where I changed my CPU, motherboard and ram.

Atm I am trying to boot to a usb to install windows but I am running into an issue where after selecting the usb to boot into it will either blue screen immediately or will load onto a blank blue screen and then shortly after shutdown. Has anyone encountered similar issues or has any further troubleshooting steps I can try?

My troubleshoot steps of now are:
All steps and checks listed on the "no post" sticky thread
Updated bios
Reset cmos
Tried different usb's
Tried different ram configurations
Tried to boot without gpu

System:
i5 13600k
Gigabyte z690 aorus master
3070ti
32gb ddr5 corsair vengeance
750w psu

Edit: image of blank screen
SluBLU3.jpeg

Last edited:
I assume that by "tried different usbs" you mean you tried using different USB ports. Have you tried using a DIFFERENT flash drive and/or creating new installation media using the Windows media creation tool? Also, when creating the installation media be sure to choose the "create installation media for use on a different computer" option otherwise it will tailor your installation media for the machine you are creating it on.

What is the ACTUAL model of your "750w psu" and approximately how old is it? (How long has it been in service?)

If none of that is helpful, unlikely as it might seem to you, I'd pull the CPU and check for bent pins because having swapped CPUs and now having problems, that becomes a very realistic possibility. The motherboard LGA socket pins are very easily deformed and it just takes one pin slightly bent to cause a variety of different potential problems.

Apr 22, 2023
I assume that by "tried different usbs" you mean you tried using different USB ports. Have you tried using a DIFFERENT flash drive and/or creating new installation media using the Windows media creation tool? Also, when creating the installation media be sure to choose the "create installation media for use on a different computer" option otherwise it will tailor your installation media for the machine you are creating it on.

What is the ACTUAL model of your "750w psu" and approximately how old is it? (How long has it been in service?)

If none of that is helpful, unlikely as it might seem to you, I'd pull the CPU and check for bent pins because having swapped CPUs and now having problems, that becomes a very realistic possibility. The motherboard LGA socket pins are very easily deformed and it just takes one pin slightly bent to cause a variety of different potential problems.
Hey thanks for the reply. I have tried 3 different usb devices and all the ports on the motherboard, so I think it's safe to rule those out. I have also tried both the media creation tool, making sure to confirm the version matches the pc i am trying to fix, and Rufus to create the boot drives.

Psu is a corsair rm750x 80+ gold, have been using it for about 4 years and haven't had issues with it previously.

CPU pins is a possibility, haven't got around to checking that yet but will definitely do that now.

Reactions: Darkbreeze