Question Blinking Yellow DRAM Light on 2 Motherboards

May 2, 2022
Hello! Apologies in advance as I am a complete rookie with computers, so I may not be using the proper terminology and whatnot. Here are the current specs of my PC:

Case: Zalman Z11 Neo
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
Graphics: ZOTAC 2070 Super Twin Fan
Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming x570 Plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32 GB (16GB x 2)

Took my PC to a shop for repairs and even after a week and a half, I still haven't gotten a solution and since I am reliant on being a streamer for income, I have been pretty stressed. Here's the problem.

About a week and a half ago after I moved apartments, my PC started having issues. Although all components would light up (RAM, Mobo, Graphics Card, etc), there was no display coming through on the monitors, nor were any of the connected USB parts working. It is my mistake that I did not remove any of the parts prior to moving, but it was a one hour car ride of a move and I have made this commute many times with my PC with no prior issues. Everything was moved carefully and it was wrapped up and whatnot in the car ride. I noticed that upon booting up my PC, there would be a blinking/flashing yellow light. Upon further inspection, I saw it was the DRAM light that was blinking and yellow. I did the usual troubleshooting in regards to RAM, where I removed one stick, changed the slots, and tried different RAM sticks to no avail. The light was still flashing. I also removed the GPU and reinstalled it. I also reset the CMOS battery as well. I did most solutions that I found online and there was no fix.

I decided to take the PC to a shop because I felt as though this was beyond my basic knowledge and experience with PCs. Upon diagnosing, they ran the tests I previously did with RAM, and tried running the PC with a different CPU as well and the PC still wouldn't showcase any display. They thought it was likely a motherboard problem, so I purchased a new one that was essentially my old one because I knew it was compatible, but the slightly upgraded version (ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Pro). They installed the board, but the DRAM light still remained blinking after booting up and there is still no display. They have no idea what the issue could be either.

I have also purchased a Ryzen 9 5900x and will be purchasing a cooler (either Noctura DH15 or Dark Rock Pro 4), so I will be able to test with a new CPU as well should it be required.

I have no idea what the issue is and wanted to ask on this forum to see if anyone could be of any help. This PC is how I make my living so seeing how I just lost a week's worth of income, I am a bit worried. Thank you so much in advance, and have a great day!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake 750W
Thermaltake is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit? Age of the unit as well?

At this point of time, Ryzen 5 3600's have been showing up being faulty/dead.

If the DRAM light comes up, then it's either that the rams are the issue or the slots being used is the issue. It could also be that the BIOS on the motherboard could be corrupt. Considering that you replaced the board but the issue persisted, you could try another DRAM kit(or a single stick, noting the slots meant for population with regards to the motherboard manual) and see if the issue is alleviated.

May 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake 750W
Thermaltake is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit? Age of the unit as well?

At this point of time, Ryzen 5 3600's have been showing up being faulty/dead.

If the DRAM light comes up, then it's either that the rams are the issue or the slots being used is the issue. It could also be that the BIOS on the motherboard could be corrupt. Considering that you replaced the board but the issue persisted, you could try another DRAM kit(or a single stick, noting the slots meant for population with regards to the motherboard manual) and see if the issue is alleviated.

Hi there! Thank you so much for your reply! The PSU is Thermaltake Smart 750W Power Supply. The unit is actually quite old, I would say about 6 years? I tried new RAM sticks again with the new board and the issue still persisted. Any other suggestions?

Jun 29, 2022
I'm having the Same issue.
I have a
RTX 3080 FE
Ryzen 9 3900xt
32gb corsair vengeance 3600mghz
Asus B450 F gaming and Asus B450 F gaming II
500gb Samsung 970 Evo m.2
4tb WD red sever grade hard drive
I tried all four dims with all four sticks
I am a computer technician, I fix computers for a living yet am unable to fix my own and haven't solved this problem.