Blizzard Announces Paragon Levels for Diablo III Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
So, over time, with all the extra stats with paragon... the end game will get easier and easier. Not only this, but a lvl 60 with full paragon will be completely broken for PVP. Basically, if you want to PvP with a char, you need to be maxed Paragon. This also makes you unable to PvP with 2 chars successfully. Thanks blizzard, I see no reason to come back to this sh!t game.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Bad Ideas blizzard seems to be making them at a alarming rate. Like others said bot paradise now which adds funds to the RMAH.... PVP we broke it before it released since now paragons will gank you. Talk about continuing to make a bad situation worse.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
This really doesn't make players return to the game. The ppl that quit over being bored already have tons of MF and can farm Act 3 and 4 with ease. They might return for a few days then quit again after they see nothing really changed.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Blizzard is trying to fix every fail they made with this game.
They are trying to bandaid this game at an alarming rate.
It's discouraging to see how they are trying to hard to make this failed game playable.
They know they botched this game so bad and can never make it comparable to Diablo 2.

I am beginning to think these patches and ridiculous add ons are thought up on the fly by a team of people who are all facepalming themselves saying, "How did we screw this game up so bad!"

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
This was just done so people can farm more, thus allowing Blizzard to rake in the millions from the RMAH. They've gone full greedy people

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Obviously Blizzard isn't stupid they know that they make a profit from RMAH so the more people sell the more money they make.
What a failure this game is

[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]So, over time, with all the extra stats with paragon... the end game will get easier and easier. Not only this, but a lvl 60 with full paragon will be completely broken for PVP. Basically, if you want to PvP with a char, you need to be maxed Paragon. This also makes you unable to PvP with 2 chars successfully. Thanks blizzard, I see no reason to come back to this sh!t game.[/citation]
Blizzard could just not allow Paragon levels to apply in PvP. They have a history of having different rules in PvP than in PvE.

[citation][nom]audi911[/nom]Blizzard is trying to fix every fail they made with this game.They are trying to bandaid this game at an alarming rate.It's discouraging to see how they are trying to hard to make this failed game playable.They know they botched this game so bad and can never make it comparable to Diablo 2. I am beginning to think these patches and ridiculous add ons are thought up on the fly by a team of people who are all facepalming themselves saying, "How did we screw this game up so bad!"[/citation]
There is a lot of truth to that. Though not all new ideas will be bad, but a lot of damage has already been done and how do you overhaul the game after so many invested real money into items in the game? Not that I ever did, but I'm sure a bunch of people will feel screwed, if they aren't already with the new Legendary changes.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
It's too bad Blizzard employees don't read these things and admit their failure.
(But what company would admit a total botch on a game)
It would be nice to see them come out of the hole they dug, but I really doubt it.
It's too bad, this game was so highly anticipated and it failed so miserably.
They did this to themselves
And yes they did get very greedy with the RMAH

Yeah blizzard screwed themselves over with diablo 3 but at least they are will to try and fix it. Let's see the issues in mass effect 3 get fixed anytime soon. Diablo 3 will have support for at least 10 years so I would imagine that by then the issues will be gone. Also it would be cool if the paragon levels unlock new runes.

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
[citation][nom]thor220[/nom]Yeah blizzard screwed themselves over with diablo 3 but at least they are will to try and fix it. Let's see the issues in mass effect 3 get fixed anytime soon. Diablo 3 will have support for at least 10 years so I would imagine that by then the issues will be gone. Also it would be cool if the paragon levels unlock new runes.[/citation]

What does Mass Effect 3 have anything to do with a Diablo 3 article?

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
They need to say F it, and give the players the helm. Cut off that online DRM crapola, Let us mod it, include a PVP that is online for FUN which as a system to check your game like Punk Buster, and ditch the paying AH and they need to ADD Lan. Stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. It really is a crap game. Boring as hell and repeditave.

G

I like my ending better. I used the wizard exploit to beat inferno, then started using a bot to farm gold, sold it on the RMAH and got banned. GG.

[citation][nom]magnetite[/nom]What does Mass Effect 3 have anything to do with a Diablo 3 article?[/citation]

Because both games were a large disappointment for their respective franchises. You can see that each game is very flawed and that blizzard is trying to fix their's. But in comparison, Bioware spends much less time fixing their game after release than blizzard does. At least they are trying to do something positive, albeit, for their own reasons.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]so you just replay the same levels over and over and over???[/citation]

There was a reason why the original(s) had so much randomization in the levels. Because it never would feel like playing over the same levels over and over again.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]so you just replay the same levels over and over and over???[/citation]

same with diablo 1 and diablo 2, you complaint is kind of stupid when you consider that.

[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]So, over time, with all the extra stats with paragon... the end game will get easier and easier. Not only this, but a lvl 60 with full paragon will be completely broken for PVP. Basically, if you want to PvP with a char, you need to be maxed Paragon. This also makes you unable to PvP with 2 chars successfully. Thanks blizzard, I see no reason to come back to this sh!t game.[/citation]

my level 60 character isnt as high a level as his 99 and that just isnt fair to me, thats what your argument comes to.

[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]Bad Ideas blizzard seems to be making them at a alarming rate. Like others said bot paradise now which adds funds to the RMAH.... PVP we broke it before it released since now paragons will gank you. Talk about continuing to make a bad situation worse.[/citation]

so after 100 levels you are basically at 300% item find, 300% gold.
in diablo 1 and 2, correct me if im wrong, but wasn't gold you found on the ground a joke? i dont know about diablo 3, but in 2 most of my gold came from selling...

and what, item rarities in this game can exceed 100000000 to 1, 300% makes that 33000000 to 1 odds, its better but not by much realistically.

[citation][nom]audi911[/nom]Blizzard is trying to fix every fail they made with this game.They are trying to bandaid this game at an alarming rate.It's discouraging to see how they are trying to hard to make this failed game playable.They know they botched this game so bad and can never make it comparable to Diablo 2. I am beginning to think these patches and ridiculous add ons are thought up on the fly by a team of people who are all facepalming themselves saying, "How did we screw this game up so bad!"[/citation]

cant recapture the same magic... is anyone from diablo 1 and 2 still working for them? this is a serious question... i know one of the main people heads runic games.

[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]Blizzard could just not allow Paragon levels to apply in PvP. They have a history of having different rules in PvP than in PvE.[/citation]

or they could make them apply, because everyone has the ability to level up, you sink time into a character why not have all the benefits of your character?

why kowtow to whiney puke who got to level 60 and 60 alone quit the game, came back later and found out there are over 100 more levels to get. its their fault for quitting the game they aren't prepared.

[citation][nom]thor220[/nom]Yeah blizzard screwed themselves over with diablo 3 but at least they are will to try and fix it. Let's see the issues in mass effect 3 get fixed anytime soon. Diablo 3 will have support for at least 10 years so I would imagine that by then the issues will be gone. Also it would be cool if the paragon levels unlock new runes.[/citation]

while they did fix most of the issues with the ending, i still dont like it.

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]There are still people out there who keep playing Diablo III even after so much fails from Blizzard's side? Really?[/citation]

the game isnt god like most people wanted, but its far from a bad game... at worst you can call it annoying.

[citation][nom]thor220[/nom]Because both games were a large disappointment for their respective franchises. You can see that each game is very flawed and that blizzard is trying to fix their's. But in comparison, Bioware spends much less time fixing their game after release than blizzard does. At least they are trying to do something positive, albeit, for their own reasons.[/citation]

they did half (dont want sanction) it, but really, there is nothing they could do short of the indoctrination theory is correct, and kill off all of the galaxy, while shepard is either indoctrinated, or overcomes that to just watch everything they worked for fail... seeing that game with 3 "good" (galaxy wins) endings and the a spit in the eye to everyone who said their shepard would have shot the god child was just the last thing that made me never want to finish that series.

[citation][nom]joe nate[/nom]There was a reason why the original(s) had so much randomization in the levels. Because it never would feel like playing over the same levels over and over again.[/citation]

lets be honest, it always felt the same, you just couldn't brease through it.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I think its pretty much dead in the ground. Lets hope the rest of there game releases aren't incomplete and completely dysfunctional like DB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.