Blizzard: We'd Probably Agree to Do a StarCraft Movie if James Cameron Was Invol

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
As long as blizzard was deeply involved in the production i really don't think they could go wrong with just about anyone directing.

alexttlyrocks

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
say what you will about avatar but the special effects and all were pretty epic. I think If he made star craft it would truly put new meaning to the word epic. just as long as its not more blue smurfs having sex =)

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
yes... he would be nice.

However, if you want the movie to be great... I want Peter Jackson and make another 3 movies (ugh... 1 big movie cut to 3 piece) out of it..

xSpyke

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
The only issue I'd have is if it strays from the story of StarCraft too much. I mean, it will a little bit, that's inevitable, but as long as it's not the 'Super Mario Bros.' movie (and many other video game-to-movie creations), it should be okay.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Well, he may not be best with the story, but after Avatar, he is truly the king of visual treats. Even with a mediocre starcraft story which may disappoint the hardcore fans, he should be able to make a movie which astounds everyone with its presentation.

Chetou

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
OMG! And I thought the story was one of Starcraft's better points. Oh, well, since Blizzard is becoming more of a BS company every day, it shouldn't really surprise me that Cameron is their preferred choice. It's been a downward spiral for both of them after all, with Blizzard's attitude towards its customers, and Cameron's pathetically bad movies (though in a beautiful wrapping).

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]KageRyu[/nom]Christina Hendricks as Kerrigan!! I love her body @_@[/citation]

what?! a ghost needs to be fit and slim... Christina Hendricks have too big of boobs.

hihiman1

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I swear half the vehicles in avatar looked like they were from SC2. Especially that part when they all were bombing the hill. Banshees anyone?

I think it would sell well if it had Cameron's name on it, other than that, I don't think it's a good match. Not just Starcraft, but Blizzard games in general are well recieved, not just because they look good, but because they're great games over all. The story is good, the gameplay is good, Blizz works on the game to make it better after they release it, more than just making sure the glitches are ironed out.
Looking back through James Cameron's IMDB page, he's done a lot, and a lot of it is CG/SFX driven. I think more to his credit for a Starcraft movie would be stuff like Terminator and Aliens, Zerg kinda look like Aliens. Avatar looked awesome, but kinda lacked everywhere else. It was still good, I just don't think it lived up to the hype machine. Titanic I put into the same boat as Pearl Harbor (the Ben Affleck one). Disaster movie that had nothing to do with the disaster it was named after. Replace Titanic! with any boat that sunk, same story. Replace Pearl Harbor! with any city that got bombed in any war, same story. When the PR machine rolls, every one wants to see what the hype is about.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I think I would let the movie execs make a biopic on me, but only if Steven Speilberg was involved. The question is why would Steven want to do a biopic on me, and why would Jim want to take someone else's IP and make them a tonne of money, when he is busy developing his own ... Avatar sequel anyone? Plus who knows what other new IP projects he's got going in that brain of his.

kageryu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]what?! a ghost needs to be fit and slim... Christina Hendricks have too big of boobs.[/citation]
WTF? Tell that to Tosh. He's bulky yet he's an awesome spectre.

tech_crack

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
A good director, good actors and actress man that would be blockbuster! Hope it wont end like tekken that sicken' me

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
hmmm no. he has tons of projects and him making starcraft movie would be like 20years from now and I would be like 50-60years old.. give it to someone else. If they are serious about it, make it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.