Blizzard's Travis Day Outlines Diablo 3's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Completed the story twice. Uninstalled. Never felt a need to reinstall it. The fact they are only now considering sorting out the ludicrous drop system shows how out of touch they are with the players and gives me no reason to come back to the game.

1st Recreate Blizzard North with ALL of their previous members nomatter what (buy their companies if you have to, we know you have the cash as Activision-Blizzard).
2nd Give them unconditionally the Diablo 3 project and BEG them to fix this detestation and transform it to a real DIABLO game without any intervention not from Mike Morhaime, but not even from God himself.
3rd ?????
4th Profit.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So now they admit that they wanted peeps to gear up in the AH to rob them more... and when few players play the sorry repetitive game they go in as shining heroes and change that - Like it wasn't the plan to begin with!?

Sorry Blizzard, i used to trust you and your products to be solid, long and fun but when D3 was online only (no lan) and Starcraft 2 became 3 parts (again without lan) it is clear you have shifted the focus to your own wallets at the expense of the players who trusted you - Or at least did.

Heck i haven't even pre-purchased Heart of the Swarm and I used to get all the titles in collectors editions ect, might say something!

darth vader

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
LOL , wasted 60 quid , uninstalled within few days , never going back.
Ps. How do you think blizzard , will i purchase another game from you ?

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
What an awful experience, what a let down.
Sewing a silk purse from a sow's ear

Complete waste of $35 - especially when you sit it next to Skyrim...

After completing the 4 acts in like no time, it was all over... Then to find that what happens next is to repeat the same game at a higher difficulty, no new content...

Oh, and PVP? Not baked yet...

To make things even more absurd, let's create an auction house to keep the Chinese employed...

I hope Blizzard didn't spend a lot of money developing this cow patty

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
What a total waste of $35, especially when you place it next to Skyrim... Totally different games but wow, talk about a complete lack of substance. 4 Acts completed in like a couple of days to find out I can replay the same game at a higher difficulty?

PVP, not baked yet?

Oh, and let's throw in an auction house for the Chinese because they need to make money now that people aren't interested in pandas...

topupthescore

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Too little, too late, it cannot be salvaged.

People who liked D3 from the start will still like the game. The majority, including the entire fanbase from the previous Diablo games, either hates D3 or gave it a "meh" and walked away from it a very long time ago.

Hey Blizzard, guess how effective your attempts to "give the series a broader appeal" were? And by the way, I think this is happening every time one of the industry meatheads is tasked with trying to broaden a franchise's appeal: It had ZERO effectiveness in increasing the player base, and if anything decreased it.

My three younger brothers are right in the key demographic that should have been the target for D3. Also, they had not played the previous Diablo games. Guess how much interested they had in D3? NONE.

So THERE is what your efforts to broaden the appeal, while ruining the series, amounted to.

NOTHING!

topupthescore

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I don't know how incredibly bad this commenting has been messed up.. I'll try to post again:

The game was terrible. Their so-called attempts to broaden the appeal completely ruined the series.

We should have figured out from the very first promo video that this was not the same blizzard team, just a bunch of guys that had taken control of the IP, posing as Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.