Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Every now and again, my computer shows a blue screen for BAD_POOL_CALLER
exception during startup. I wonder if this is a cause from Windows XP being
not 100% compatible with Hyper-threading Technology. I seen this message on
XP only, not on Windows 2000 or Linux... Can somebody verify that?
Or are there any patches/fixes for that from MS?Thanks
Jack

Hi

Try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand column(C2)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

Jack wrote:
> Every now and again, my computer shows a blue screen for
> BAD_POOL_CALLER exception during startup. I wonder if this is a cause
> from Windows XP being not 100% compatible with Hyper-threading
> Technology. I seen this message on XP only, not on Windows 2000 or
> Linux... Can somebody verify that?
> Or are there any patches/fixes for that from MS?Thanks
> Jack

FYI, Windows XP is fully compatible with Intel's HT technology. I used to
have an HT system and had no issues with it whatsoever. Wherever did you get
the idea that it wasn't?!
lose his marbles?

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message news:<uvphd.4$DE2.0@fe48.usenetserver.com>...
> Jack wrote:
> > Every now and again, my computer shows a blue screen for
> > BAD_POOL_CALLER exception during startup. I wonder if this is a cause
> > from Windows XP being not 100% compatible with Hyper-threading
> > Technology. I seen this message on XP only, not on Windows 2000 or
> > Linux... Can somebody verify that?
> > Or are there any patches/fixes for that from MS?Thanks
> > Jack

If it happens only on a specific machine, there could be something
loose.
Unplug everything, blow the dust out at a gas station air hose, reset
everything back (particularly ram) and it might be ok.