Question Bluetooth audio gets worse when gaming ?

Rayaxar

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
Hey every one. All my Bluetooth headphones have this problem so i'm sure it's a windows problems. Every time I play a game that uses my mic the audio quality just drops. The only solution I have been able to find that works is if I disable my mic. How ever this is not exactly a solution since now I can't talk while playing online. Is there a solution where I can leave my mic on? Thanks in advance!
Windows 11
RTX 3080
I7 13700KF
32GB 5600 MHZ ram

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
One particular game or any game?

Does the mic ever work correctly?

Did the Bluetooth headphones and mic originally work or has the combination never worked?

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.,

Make and model Bluetooth headphones?

USB dongle? Try using a USB extension cable to raise the dongle up and away from the host case/port.

Rayaxar

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
One particular game or any game?

Does the mic ever work correctly?

Did the Bluetooth headphones and mic originally work or has the combination never worked?

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.,

Make and model Bluetooth headphones?

USB dongle? Try using a USB extension cable to raise the dongle up and away from the host case/port.
Any game that uses a mic.

Mic on all 3 headphones work correctly just the audio has never worked correctly.

Headphones are as followed
JBL quantum 910
WF-C500
WH-1000XM4
So the JBL is my latest ones which comes with a dongle. If I use the dongle I don't have the problem. BUT for some odd reason there is this weird interference I guess you could say when using the dongle. Not always but some times which is extremely annoying, it can go away if I switches between like suround or 7.1 inside the JBL software so I don't know what the problem with that is. I tried the USB C port and USB 3.1 ports which the dongle both supports, they all have this problem.

Windows 11
RTX 3080
I7 13700KF
32GB 5600 MHZ ram

Ralston18

Titan
Try the following:

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

Clicking the icon should open a Windows menu that lists "Troubleshoot sound problems" along with 2 or more additional menu options.

Try the troubleshooter first.

Then work through the other menu choices: Those choices can and do lead to any number of audio related windows, tabs, and properties. Lots of configuration options. Layers deep.

Fully explore all first before making any changes. Make some notes as necessary about anything that is not as as it should be or otherwise not expected.

Then try to make audio changes that are appropriate and applicable to your system.

Change only one thing at a time keeping track of what was changed, where it was changed, along with the original and new values. Very handy if you need to go back an undo a change.

Take your time. Be methodical. Refer to and/or doublecheck any component documentation.

Reactions: Rayaxar

Rayaxar

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
Try the following:

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

Clicking the icon should open a Windows menu that lists "Troubleshoot sound problems" along with 2 or more additional menu options.

Try the troubleshooter first.

Then work through the other menu choices: Those choices can and do lead to any number of audio related windows, tabs, and properties. Lots of configuration options. Layers deep.

Fully explore all first before making any changes. Make some notes as necessary about anything that is not as as it should be or otherwise not expected.

Then try to make audio changes that are appropriate and applicable to your system.

Change only one thing at a time keeping track of what was changed, where it was changed, along with the original and new values. Very handy if you need to go back an undo a change.

Take your time. Be methodical. Refer to and/or doublecheck any component documentation.
Thanks allot, I tried with allot of trouble shooting and it worked!

Latest posts