eliodecolli

Reputable
Dec 5, 2017
Hi,
I'm running on a ASUS TUF Gaming B550 PLUS WiFi board (my antenna is bolted in as well). I've installed all the drivers from Intel as well as from ASUS page, also my BTH services are running on my Services app (they're also set to start automatically). Yet it seems that Windows doesn't recognize my Bluetooth device at all and I can't even turn on the Bluetooth as there is no such option. WiFi works perfectly btw.

I did try to reinstall my drivers, update windows, update drivers, try the older driver version, and so on. Pretty much whatever I could find online. On my BIOS (which are not up-to-date) my Bluetooth Controller is enabled.

Another thing is that when running the Bluetooth Troubleshooter it tells me that there's no Bluetooth device available on my system. This, of course, is not the case.

EDIT: I've uninstalled the Bluetooth Device from device manager and reinstalled from Intel. It still doesn't appear on the devices list.

Last edited:

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Damn, I almost suggested checking the BIOS until I read that you had already checked.

Short of reinstalling Windows, it might be dead hardware. A reinstall really is the only way to make sure, as far as I know.

eliodecolli

Reputable
Dec 5, 2017
Damn, I almost suggested checking the BIOS until I read that you had already checked.

Short of reinstalling Windows, it might be dead hardware. A reinstall really is the only way to make sure, as far as I know.
I guess it's definitely a dead hardware. It doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu as well.

EDIT: I've uninstalled the Bluetooth Device from device manager and reinstalled from Intel. It still doesn't appear on the devices list. Also my BIOS don't seem to be updated.

Last edited:

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
I guess it's definitely a dead hardware. It doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu as well.

EDIT: I've uninstalled the Bluetooth Device from device manager and reinstalled from Intel. It still doesn't appear on the devices list. Also my BIOS don't seem to be updated.

Yeah, that sounds like dead hardware. You can thank manufacturers for almost always using the cheapest bluetooth hardware on the planet on their boards.

eliodecolli

Reputable
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like dead hardware. You can thank manufacturers for almost always using the cheapest bluetooth hardware on the planet on their boards.
You know what really gets on my nerves? Is the fact that I've just recently purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000MX4 and a Logitech MX Master 3 (the MAC edition with no universal receiver), for a total of $541 that I can only use on my work laptop now. Lucky me.

Last edited by a moderator:

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
You know what really gets on my nerves? Is the fact that I've just recently purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000MX4 and a Logitech MX Master 3 (the MAC edition with no universal receiver), for a total of $541 that I can only use on my work laptop now. Lucky me.

Not sure if linking to other websites is allowed here, but if you search for the ASUS USB-BT500 bluetooth dongle, it's like $20 and supports up to 7 devices. Might be worth it to save your $500+ of equipment.